Compass calibration problem after big trip

Reaction score
Hello,
i moved from Holland to Bonaire, and took my Phantom with me.
When i came here, i had to calibrate my compass. Expected that after my trip.
So calibrated it, no problem. 3 nice flights that day.
Next day; after start up, it started slow blinking orange.
So i tried to calibrate my compass again, but it didn't go in calibration mode.
Later that day i tried again, now it did go in calibration mode, did all the moves, and then it went flashing red.
Tried to calibrate it again, but it didn't go in calibration mode again.
So wen't flying in attitude mode.
But still have the same problem, sometimes i can calibrate it, but it says: calibration failure. (fast red flashing)
And most of the time i can't get it in to calibration mode.
Today i calibrated it, fast red flashing: connected it to my computer.
Compass readings were; x=181 Y=105 Z=99 Mod=1333
So they are normal.
The moments i can't get it in to calibration mode, and i connect my phantom, all my compass readings are 0.
Who can help me?

I can't offer any additional help, but I want to say that I've been to Bonaire, for a SCUBA trip and I absolutely loved the diving! The topless beaches were nice too.

The only bad part of the trip was getting lost in the rental car and ended up at a large garbage dump. It broke my heart to see that many people made homes out of cardboard and metal. And, to see the kids going through the trash to find something to eat, was horrible.

On a better note, the diving was great! We only found one restaurant, but it was good. The dive shop was on the beach and we kept our equipment there. After suiting up and glancing, just a little, at the topless women, we walked into the water and great diving was only about 20' out. I also saw a totally nude beach, near a sunken ship. The only woman there could have been my grandmother, with a deep tan!

Enjoy your paradise and I wish I could help you more with this problem.

PhantomFanatic said:
I can't offer any additional help, but I want to say that I've been to Bonaire, for a SCUBA trip and I absolutely loved the diving! The topless beaches were nice too.

The only bad part of the trip was getting lost in the rental car and ended up at a large garbage dump. It broke my heart to see that many people made homes out of cardboard and metal. And, to see the kids going through the trash to find something to eat, was horrible.

On a better note, the diving was great! We only found one restaurant, but it was good. The dive shop was on the beach and we kept our equipment there. After suiting up and glancing, just a little, at the topless women, we walked into the water and great diving was only about 20' out. I also saw a totally nude beach, near a sunken ship. The only woman there could have been my grandmother, with a deep tan!

Enjoy your paradise and I wish I could help you more with this problem.

Your just bragging now, and unless you can provide footage from a phantom i dont believe you ;)

wpwouters said:
Hello,
i moved from Holland to Bonaire, and took my Phantom with me.
When i came here, i had to calibrate my compass. Expected that after my trip.
So calibrated it, no problem. 3 nice flights that day.
Next day; after start up, it started slow blinking orange.
So i tried to calibrate my compass again, but it didn't go in calibration mode.
Later that day i tried again, now it did go in calibration mode, did all the moves, and then it went flashing red.
Tried to calibrate it again, but it didn't go in calibration mode again.
So wen't flying in attitude mode.
But still have the same problem, sometimes i can calibrate it, but it says: calibration failure. (fast red flashing)
And most of the time i can't get it in to calibration mode.
Today i calibrated it, fast red flashing: connected it to my computer.
Compass readings were; x=181 Y=105 Z=99 Mod=1333
So they are normal.
The moments i can't get it in to calibration mode, and i connect my phantom, all my compass readings are 0.
Who can help me?

Watch this video by Colin Quinn on demagnetizing the compass.

http://vimeo.com/103634940

I tryed the trick with the magnet. The problem is, it won't go in calibration mode. No matter how fast i flip the switch, it keeps blinking orange.
That should be warming up, but i left it standing for 20 minutes, still blinking orange.
And the one out of ten times i start up, it blinks red and orange and i get in calibration mode, i get a calibration error at the end.
When flying in ATTI mode, i don't notice any difference. That mode doesn't use the compass?

And PhantomFanatic; go to tripadvisor. And the are no nudity beaches on the island.

I think ik know what the problem is, but not how to solve it.
This is in the manual:
If users set GPS Atti. Mode in Control Mode Switch without connecting to GPS module, the M.C. will
switch GPS Atti. Mode into Atti. Mode automatically, and LED indicator will Blink yellow, that is if the
3-poisition switch is the same as 2-position switch.
In the Naza software, i can't choose for gps anymore when i look at control mode switch.
Could it be the GPS module isn't good connected?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers