Compass calibration issues

Reaction score
When I flip the s1 switch up and down about 5 times the vision goes into calibration mode and lights yellow. I spin it on a horizontal axis and it lights green. I switch s1 down once and back up and it's yellow again. I try to rotate it on the vertical axis but never get the green. What am I missing? When I turn it on and go to fly it's not telling me it's not calibrated but I also don't want to risk crashing over someone silly.

Why you switching S1 again between rotations?

This is a problem I had with the manual as well. In the manual it looks like you need to hit the S1 switch again but if you look closely, you'll see that flipping the S1 switch is only if you get the error lights on the original calibration. It's just a confusing diagram. Just do it 5x and you don't have to touch it again during the calibration.

My Plus is showing me 12 feet when it's only 4 feet off the ground. anyone else having this problem? can it be fixed?
i tried a quick compass calibrate but it was still way off. The manual says that in RTF mode it has a hover accuracy of 0.8m (http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/spec). i'm more then 2 meters off.

neoneo said:
My Plus is showing me 12 feet when it's only 4 feet off the ground. anyone else having this problem? can it be fixed?
i tried a quick compass calibrate but it was still way off. The manual says that in RTF mode it has a hover accuracy of 0.8m (http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/spec). i'm more then 2 meters off.

A variance in the reported altitude should have no effect on the Phantom's flight performance. The .8m accuracy has to do with its ability to hold a set altitude. It doesn't mean the GPS will report the actual altitude within .8m.

Bucsfanatic59 said:
When I flip the s1 switch up and down about 5 times the vision goes into calibration mode and lights yellow. I spin it on a horizontal axis and it lights green. I switch s1 down once and back up and it's yellow again. I try to rotate it on the vertical axis but never get the green. What am I missing? When I turn it on and go to fly it's not telling me it's not calibrated but I also don't want to risk crashing over someone silly.

Don't feel bad. I read the manual the same way you did. It looked like they were telling you to flip s1 between horizontal and vertical rotations.....they are not.

Dirty Bird said:
neoneo said:

A variance in the reported altitude should have no effect on the Phantom's flight performance. The .8m accuracy has to do with its ability to hold a set altitude. It doesn't mean the GPS will report the actual altitude within .8m.

i see.
so is there any way to fix the issue. it's not often i shoot video's under 10 feet because of this. i have to keep my eye on the drone instead of the actual footage I'm shooting. which makes for poor footage. especially when circling around an object

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers