Compass calibration fail

Your best hope is that the connector for the compass has come loose.

After crash, compass won't calibrate successfully. Now what?
Your compass may be disconnected.
To check, go to the Sensor section of the app settings.
Look to see what is displayed for compass data.
If you see numbers, your compass is still good.
If you have zero, your compass is disconnected.
It could be the socket on the mainboard or one of the fine cables may be broken close to the compass sensor at the bottom of the landing gear.

Reactions: Reegs
Your compass may be disconnected.
To check, go to the Sensor section of the app settings.
Look to see what is displayed for compass data.
If you see numbers, your compass is still good.
If you have zero, your compass is disconnected.
It could be the socket on the mainboard or one of the fine cables may be broken close to the compass sensor at the bottom of the landing gear.
Thanks, at least it's a place to start. Only crashed 3 feet off the ground on concrete but battery popped out so kinda rough I guess lol

Thanks, at least it's a place to start. Only crashed 3 feet off the ground on concrete but battery popped out so kinda rough I guess lol
Start by looking at the fine wires going into the compass sensor.
Take off the small cover plate on the bottom of the landing gear.
That's easier than opening the shell.

I have the same problem. What is the small plate on the bottom of the landing gear. Also, just want to make sure I understand this thread applies to me. I have a Phantom Standard. I have all zeros, X, Y, Z and Mod.

Is there a repair manual for these that I can buy or get on the Web?

Thanks,

Chuck

"plate" at bottom of landing gear is the compass module. 0 is good for IMU data, not good for two of the 3 compass data. No repair manual but plenty of videos and posts on various aspects of repair.

I had a similar problem, crashed, not able to calibrate compass. I took the top shell off. The compass cable was partially disconnected, but it's also loose from the main board.
I reconnected, still couldn't calibrate. I disconnected the cable and looked closer. The 4 wires are still soldered to the main board, but the 2 end pieces are broken (see photo). However, these appear to be just for stability, they dead end in the yellow plastic connector.
I got frustrated and walked away. I came back an hour later, reconnected the compass wires, and it worked! Didn't even need to calibrate!

Attachments

• IMG_20170606_214125.jpg
    IMG_20170606_214125.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 523
Glad to hear you got it working. I am in the process of replacing my compass now. Too many compass errors. Happy Flying

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl