Compass Cali with gimbal

Reaction score
I just installed a gimbal on my p2 but haven't ran power to it yet because I want to hardwire it but I was wondering will it cause issues if the gimbal is on when I calibrate the p2's compass?

I just installed a gimbal on my p2 but haven't ran power to it yet because I want to hardwire it but I was wondering will it cause issues if the gimbal is on when I calibrate the p2's compass?

Why not clarify what you mean by hardwiring the gimbal. Is it an aftermarket gimbal? Connecting the gimbal to power has nothing to do with calibrating the compass.

Yes, sorry it is aftermarket. If I connect it to power on when the phantom powers on, won't the gimbal go crazy when I turn the drone to calibrate the compass?

Yes, sorry it is aftermarket. If I connect it to power on when the phantom powers on, won't the gimbal go crazy when I turn the drone to calibrate the compass?

It shouldn't but then what do I know about aftermarket gimbals.

Yes it will as mine does but it won't hurt anything .
Only does it when I turn it pointing down .

Awesome, thanks so much for the great info, now my next step is to see if I need one wire to the signal post to get the tilt to work or if I need all 3. I have seen many videos on it and it is different every time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj