Compass cable - please help.

Reaction score
Hi all,
My first post here and I am in dire need of help.
A bit of a disaster... I had my phantom with the top off and managed to snag the compass ribbon cable which caused the wires to come loose from the plug at the GPS RECEIVER END... In the lid of the body.

I did manage to remove the plug from its socket and reseat the wires back into the plug but now I just get a slow yellow flashing led over and over... Not the fast fail safe flashing.

When I plug onto the nazam assistant and calibrate, the compass data just shows zeros across the board. The gyroscope and Acceleration data is ok though.

Any advice is gratefully received but specifically

what is the plug/socket type used for the compass called?

Does anyone know where to get replacement cables?

Thanks all

Jonathan

Cable is hard to find alone.
I had similar issue and had to buy a new compass kit. US$16

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-PHANTOM...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7312331a

$(KGrHqVHJEIFIiMIjpJeBSPfr9!ziw~~60_58.JPG

Hi jumanoc,
Many thanks for responding.
Yup I looked for cables alone without success. Eventually I found the same replacement compass kit which includes a cable from Ready Made RC in the U.S. I have ordered it so just have to wait patiently.

Again my thanks,

Jonathan

I bought my Phantom a few weeks ago and I was having the very same issue - slow blinking yellow light, compass parameters in software all showed zero across the board, and GPS wasn't an option. DJI customer support suggesting either sending the Phantom to them or looking for a new compass. I decided to order a new compass ($18) and try replacing it first...still nothing. Then I opened up the body and replaced the cable with the new one provided with the new compass...all works perfectly now! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers