Compass and in u calibration out the box

Yes it said safe to fly gps mode. On the overall status tab "calibrate" was still boxed rather than "normal" being boxed. Is this usual? It held its position perfectly in a light breeze with odd gusts. The green lights were doing what they should too. Need to gradually build confidence now. Many thanks your advice is valued

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes, the compass "Calibrate" is always boxed, so you can press it in case you want to do it at a new location.

If the Phantom is holding steady in GPS mode as you take-off, everything shoud be OK.

After it goes into GPS mode (which takes a while sometimes). I use the auto-take-off (camera pointing away from me) and let it hover at 4 ft. for a second. Then up to 20 feet, and I watch it for a couple more seconds. Is it still steady? Then up, up, and away! :)

... and to add, the IMU status usually shows normal, even when it should be calibrated -- which is after a new firmware update, or when it's been badly jostled (perhaps while traveling or after being dropped, etc.).

Look up the various posts here about doing a cold IMU calibration. There have been lots of "arguments" about how to best chill the copter before the calibration. I like the using my refrigerator for 20 minutes, because it's not humid or below freezing. Some folks like to put it outdoors for a while before calibrating (which we can't do here during our hot summers).

That's confirmed all I have experienced thank you. My Imu was normal after the update, luckily I did not put the props on or try and fly before I was advised on here. Great forum with sensible advice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

... and to add, the IMU status usually shows normal, even when it should be calibrated -- which is after a new firmware update, or when it's been badly jostled (perhaps while traveling or after being dropped, etc.).

Look up the various posts here about doing a cold IMU calibration. There have been lots of "arguments" about how to best chill the copter before the calibration. I like the using my refrigerator for 20 minutes, because it's not humid or below freezing. Some folks like to put it outdoors for a while before calibrating (which we can't do here during our hot summers).

Here is 2 links I shared.

IMU Calibration
Compass

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj