Compass 2 disconnected

Reaction score
This is a Phantom 4 with about 20 flights on it.

Had a minor run in with a wall which broke a prop, and drone ended up upside down (fell about 2 feet). Now I'm getting "Compass Error" on startup, and when I go to sensors it tells me that "Compass 2 disconnected".

Is this something I can fix (reasonably handy) or do I need to send in to repair?

I'm tried recalibrating multiple times, but it looks like perhaps my 2nd compass cable is disconnected or the compass is broken - is this something I can check on my own or is it time for Service?

Thanks...

There are 2 compasses for redundancy, I wonder if you can still fly with only one compass.

They do I believe sell the landing gear and the compasses in the DJI site, maybe not but I think I saw P4 gear with compasses

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was able to fly on just 1, but decided not to. Sent it in for repair. Turned out the 2nd compass connector on the mainboard had separated, so I needed to replace the mainboard (ouch) as well as the compass. Working fine now.

I was able to fly on just 1, but decided not to. Sent it in for repair. Turned out the 2nd compass connector on the mainboard had separated, so I needed to replace the mainboard (ouch) as well as the compass. Working fine now.

How much did it cost from DJI?

I used a certified 3rd party. Mainboard is expensive, as was labor. 2 x compass is only something like $20 for the parts. If your second compass is just disconnected from the mainboard, it's a relatively cheap fix (although I'm not willing to open the shell - many here do).

Not sure about the 2 P4 compass or both of them but have seen the P3 for around 6 bucks. I have a compass error on one compass and if I am able to get to it I'll open the landing gear and replace it assuming they are identical which I am assuming they are.

Yes - I believe the 2 compass parts were only $20 or so total. What was complex was that the compass replacement requires opening both the main body and the legs - I wasn't competent to do that on the first try.

I found my compass problem . The small covers....4 of the at the top of the landing gear. At least one has a compass hidden behind it. zGot the small door /cover off and found my compass had came unplugged. May be worth looking at if a person has trouble getting a compass to work. Mine is working good now that it is plugged in .

compass one and two are in the legs looking at the front of the done right leg is 1 and left leg is 2 ??? I think that is correct.
not the thin wires white, grey, dark grey black wires that plug into the core board, those are video and maybe something else, not sure, but the grey flat 4 wire cables with black clips inside the legs (a real pain) and white clips on the front inside of the drone, they plug in the powerboard. left and right and the gps plugs in on top of the same board along with flat ribbon cables for the esc's. Hope that helps. Not sure why it says 2018, its 2021....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers