Comparasion data between P3P & P4 (DJI GO App)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
P3P data:
5f0f012a42d355ca591cfa6c50cfd6a6.jpg

P4 data:
15f9a29337ce5c6dddea87b0a3f204a2.jpg

Here you can see how the P4 battery life is slightly better than the P3... But has only about 20 min of autonomy.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I'm sorry but this has no value for comparing the two since flights were very different.
You can see time flight and final percentage of battery (P3: final 22% with 16 min flight // P4: final 24% with 19min flight). Both were started with 100% battery.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There is a big difference in altitude between flights so if you were climbing and descending more with P3 that will make big difference in total flight time/distance.

Hahahah I just expose my point of view

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you want to see a real comparison you need to fly the exact same flight path (ideally preprogrammed in Litchi) at the same speeds and altitudes (again preprogrammed in Litchi) and compare battery percentages on that.

Your logic is misleading. It is like driving a car up a mountainous road for 3 miles and looking at the gas mileage and testing another car going down a 3 mile hill. Raw distances or flight times mean absolutely nothing. It has to be identical in the same conditions.

I would think that would be obvious....

If the P3 consumes more power to climb to 185m (compared to 122m with the P4) it also consumes less during a longer descent... so there is maybe not a big difference as mentioned above.
An to be sure, it is easy to test with the same quad and the same flight time.

If the P3 consumes more power to climb to 185m (compared to 122m with the P4) it also consumes less during a longer descent... so there is maybe not a big difference as mentioned above.
An to be sure, it is easy to test with the same quad and the same flight time.

This has a nice logic in it but this type of aircrafts require quite a lot of power to do a (controlled) descent.

I personally find it to be a good comparison, unless all you naysayers want to do the "scientific" test yourself stop trying to debunk the comparisons people choose to share. I suppose you could get a P3P and a P4, set up an exact waypoint mission and fly the mission 1000 times with each aircraft, then analyze all of the data and figure out what the mean, median, and mode values are. Then you can go to another location that is a different elevation and repeat the test again. Do that for every 1000 feet above sea level and plot all of the data on a graph. Let us know what the real battery flight time differences are, and what effects elevation and wind have, or shut up and don't knock it when other members share.

Reactions: blaifr and Aramis
I'm sorry but this has no value for comparing the two since flights were very different.
You are right, the Phantom 4 flew a mile farther in distance and the Phantom 3 climbed 63 meters higher, seems it would take a lot more battery to fly a mile than climb 200 something feet up, maybe I am wrong but surely you could submit your own comparison.

I personally find it to be a good comparison, unless all you naysayers want to do the "scientific" test yourself stop trying to debunk the comparisons people choose to share. I suppose you could get a P3P and a P4, set up an exact waypoint mission and fly the mission 1000 times with each aircraft, then analyze all of the data and figure out what the mean, median, and mode values are. Then you can go to another location that is a different elevation and repeat the test again. Do that for every 1000 feet above sea level and plot all of the data on a graph. Let us know what the real battery flight time differences are, and what effects elevation and wind have, or shut up and don't knock it when other members share.
Thank you Sinisalo for your suport! We need more people like you... ;)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Sinisalo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.