Compact 14 dBi L.H.C.P. Short Backfire Antenna 4" X 1"

Reaction score
Short Backfire Antenna prototype has V.S.W.R. <1.2 @ 5.8 GHz, Gain 14dBi, Left Hand Circular Polarization. Preliminary range testing is very encouraging. Very compact, protected by the tablet mount.

1.png
2.jpg
3.jpg

Did you get good range?

Cap'n Bob, how did it test out any info.

I'll have a full "Down the Road" report down the road ;-) . As it stands now, the video signal drops off long before the control signal will, so I cannot get a definitive measurement of range, and I don't want to lose the bird. I'm also in the middle of a project right now, and haven't had the time to do much else. I plan on flying down a long road on course lock at ~150' and have a friend follow her in a vehicle. Even out of video range, she will continue to fly as long as she is receiving the 5GHz control signal. At 150' the horizon is at 15 miles, which will be more than adequate. When she loses signal, she'll RTH. Our phones or couple of Baofengs will keep us in touch. That should give me the number.

Cool keep us posted so ill know what to do next im needing great video & good distance so very interested in your findings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20