Communications Tower - First Video Edit

that's sweet. so many thoughts come to mind..

1.) think of the range I could get from there

2.) aren't you supposed to be spotting homeboy?

3.) you just made your job inspecting towers get replaced by UAVs

seriously, that's a sweet place to fly nice vid

I just liked your video in the other thread.
That's a crazy job! climbing up that ladder.
Great stick skills. Congrats!

Thanks guys. Been doing tower work for about 17 years, and the P3 is the first I've used a quad for filming towers. I did a long range flight from another tower site, next to a fire lookout, so quite high up), and got to 3.5 km out before chickening out and coming home. Probably could have gone another km, had full signal all the way.

@saylor
2 - I was, see the video. [emoji16]
3 - just made it easier. That's what I will be doing this summer every time I visit one of our sites.

Reactions: Bigdz
Pre- retire, I contracted a UAV company to fly towers, capture pics of serial numbers and even verified connection on the equipment... Much more cost effective than a climb and even more important was the Safety aspect

BTW - there was this link of an Inspire pilot who has been working on using the Inspire to optimize a stadium in UAEi. Here is a Nokia release about using drones...

http://networks.nokia.com/news-even...rones-for-better-network-planning-faster-opti

Pre- retire, I contracted a UAV company to fly towers, capture pics of serial numbers and even verified connection on the equipment... Much more cost effective than a climb and even more important was the Safety aspect

BTW - there was this link of an Inspire pilot who has been working on using the Inspire to optimize a stadium in UAEi. Here is a Nokia release about using drones...

http://networks.nokia.com/news-even...rones-for-better-network-planning-faster-opti
I'm not sure I'm comfortable flying close enough to get serial numbers from antennas. ;)

I used to climb towers too. Most of ours were 180'. I did climb a couple 300' ones though. It is amazing how heavy the rope gets when you are climbing that high.

Reactions: acherman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20