common problems with the ESC on V2P ver 3

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just brought a P2V+ Ver 3 and on the second flight 2 of the motors started to glitch (i guess this is why i got it cheap) when idle but they were ok at full throttle. now i am an electronic repair engineer so would like to fix this myself. i know it could also be the motors but has anyone had any experience at fixing the ESC board down to component level? what are the common faults on these boards? is it one component that fails? btw i know it's not the prop guard screws before someone suggests this.

Thanks for any help i receive on this.

At the risk of not answering your question... the ESCs are ~$19.
Not worth messing with IMO.

Investigate or swap a motor to be sure it's not motor bearings causing increased friction. This can also be evaluated by post-flight motor temp to feel they are all similar ( not exactly the same).

N017RW, i totally agree with you, but for me it's something i enjoy doing and if i can fix it with a $1 component then even better. With the ESC board being completely new to me i was just wondering if anyone else had repaired them or just replaced them. and if they have repaired them what have the faults been? are they common.

Got cha.

If you search here you can find reverse-engineered schematics for the P2 main and ESC PCBs.
They are not official DJI docs.

I am on a mobile now and not wanting to search for you now.
Sorry.
But they are here and you can PM me down the road if you have no luck finding them.

Thanks, I have seen them already. I was just trying to get a feel for the common issues with these boards.

Well P2s being so old there's not much talk of them these days but having said that I don't recall anyone doing a component-level repair and reporting it here.

Mostly the MOSFETS fry. All the bad ESC boards that I have seen had obvious burnt/melted MOSFETS. 8-pin surface mount. Dig in! :)

Thanks for your comments, Yes i just brought a new ESC board in the end for £16 or $20 and it works fine. maybe i'll still look at the faulty one at a later stage for fun, i could always use it as a spare should i need it.

Thanks for your comments, Yes i just brought a new ESC board in the end for £16 or $20 and it works fine. maybe i'll still look at the faulty one at a later stage for fun, i could always use it as a spare should i need it.
You will see descriptions of old versus newer ESC boards. The older models had a firmware fault which caused the Fet's to short out easily. I think very few newer boards had fet failures anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20