Commercial Flying

Reaction score
Wondering what the difference is between flying my Phantom, recording video for my personal use and flying my Phantom, recording video and then selling it to a customer (other then the obvious)?

There is no difference in the flying that is being accomplished, no difference in the safety aspects (assuming in both scenarios all safety concerns are abided by), the only difference is that one is being done for commercial purposes and one is not. My question is why should this be regulated?

Make us have a business license, yes, make us have commercial level insurance, yes, even make us be bonded, yes, but to say that you cant do it, when you can absolutely do it, unless you are selling something. Just does not pass the common sense test.

And then on top of it, to have the FAA inspectors use bully type tactics in an attempt to scare people through litigation, really, is that what the FAA is going to stoop to? Especially when the FAA suggests that drone pilots ignore it's own cease and desist orders.

Wondering what the difference is between flying my Phantom, recording video for my personal use and flying my Phantom, recording video and then selling it to a customer (other then the obvious)?

There is no difference in the flying that is being accomplished, no difference in the safety aspects (assuming in both scenarios all safety concerns are abided by), the only difference is that one is being done for commercial purposes and one is not. My question is why should this be regulated?

Make us have a business license, yes, make us have commercial level insurance, yes, even make us be bonded, yes, but to say that you cant do it, when you can absolutely do it, unless you are selling something. Just does not pass the common sense test.

And then on top of it, to have the FAA inspectors use bully type tactics in an attempt to scare people through litigation, really, is that what the FAA is going to stoop to? Especially when the FAA suggests that drone pilots ignore it's own cease and desist orders.
look people what this is all about the piloted photographers are cryin they are loosing money to the law breakin drone operators and the faa can give the public somethin to shut them up

Make us have a business license, yes, make us have commercial level insurance, yes, even make us be bonded, yes

That's called regulation. The FAA is requiring people who fly commercially to have certain things in place before they can fly.

Look at it this way, the FAA regulates everything in the air. What they have done is chosen not to enforce most of these regulations on people who fly as a hobby. So it's not additional regulation on commercial flight... it's less on casually/hobby flying (but that is changing).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav