Commercial drone insurance for personal ?

Reaction score
Looking at doing a part time aerial photography businness by will also be using my drone for personal use too. I was wondering if you can get commercial insurance /public liability which covers when your not using it commercially?

Just I was going to he dji refresh but thought is there any point if I'm getting commercial drone insurance when I get my CAA in few months?

I'll be doing the same thing so subscribing to see what is recommended.

An AMA membership covers hobbyist in the US but does not cover commercial flights. For commercial in the US, Verifly is the best thing since man caned beer

An AMA membership covers hobbyist in the US but does not cover commercial flights. For commercial in the US, Verifly is the best thing since man caned beer

I thought AMA would only cover you if you flew in on of their parks?

Last edited:
Someone on Reddit s

I thought AMA would only cover you if you flew in on of their parks?

From the AMA site (top right corner)

Your Membership Comes With All This.

Flying models is a safe activity. But sometimes accidents can happen involving people or property. Enjoy peace of mind flying by knowing the AMA has you covered. It would cost you $1,000 a year or more to buy this insurance on your own. And you’re covered whether you choose to fly at an AMA club field, park, backyard or wherever.

Join AMA Today

From the AMA site (top right corner)

Your Membership Comes With All This.

Flying models is a safe activity. But sometimes accidents can happen involving people or property. Enjoy peace of mind flying by knowing the AMA has you covered. It would cost you $1,000 a year or more to buy this insurance on your own. And you’re covered whether you choose to fly at an AMA club field, park, backyard or wherever.

Join AMA Today

Thats nice to know. Thanks!

Check out Verifly's 'on-demand' liability insurance policies. They seem to be gaining popularity, you won't risk your home or auto premiums increasing due to drone claims, and they are underwritten by the aviation insurance company, Global Aerospace. They offer 1-2 million dollar policies, 1 hour at a time starting at $10/hr. The policies all cover both personal and commercial flying (daytime and out door flights only.)

What I like about this option is that you are actually purchasing insurance specifically for each client/contract. You can print or email a copy of the insurance policy and incurred costs -- and just add it to their invoice. Most (serious) businesses will require you to show proof of insurance, and minimum coverages when you're doing work for hire on their property. This way you can show them that you have a policy that specifically covers their property and risk, and you don't have to figure out how to pro-rate your annual insurance cost down to how much it cost you to fly down per contract, and bill the customer accordingly. Everything is plain and simple with Verifly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan