Coming to terms with HERE maps

Reaction score
I hesitated to post this, as I don't want to give DJI any slack at all in switching to the abominable HERE maps in DJI GO [4]. However, if the new features rumored to be coming in the next release are realized, it will be enough added value for me to have to put up with HERE for the mapping part of the application. So, thinking about it, here's what I've concluded:
  • HERE maps are decent enough for map-view navigation. Worthless in some locales (mine being one of them) for any satellite-view interpretation of an area (can't even make out houses in my neighborhood, the resolution of the imagery is that bad).
  • I have already purchased litchi, and use it most of the time these days anyway. I still can for anything that really requires/needs good satellite imagery -- like constructing automated flight missions with waypoints, etc. -- and the various new features coming to DJI GO [4] wouldn't be available for litchi missions anyway.
  • If/when I actually need satellite imagery for something, it's usually pre- or post-flight. I have logs post-flight, and can use the log file in a variety of apps and sites online to analyze if necessary.
So, bottom line is I think I won't actually lose any real functionality, or impair my ability to use or control the AC because of having to go to HERE maps. Rather, it's just going to be inconvenient, and very annoying.

Reactions: SteveZeb and philkr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers