Coming NOT home

Reaction score
What a frustrating moment to watch P2V+ coming home after signal lost and starts descending 50 meters away from take off position and crashing into my neighbor parking. Yes, now I know I could have taken control by toggling S1 but at that moment.....

Any idea why it happens without me changing home location manually?

Could have been an auto land because of low battery voltage or a high battery alert setting.

Taking off before home position is recorded may have caused it to record home position when the last sat was acquired in flight at that point at the beginning of the flight.

Sounds like you didn't wait for the rapidly blinking green lights before taking off. If so, that would mean the quadcopter didn't record a home position until later, and somewhere else.

lizard said:
I would say PV2+ GPS receiver fix was lost. See more details in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV0rOBewNf0
It actually appears there are more incidents related to the poor GPS reception due to PV2+ engineering faults than it was though.

It sure males me feel better knowing I am part of a large group of people willing to spend money on expensive not reliable toys.

As for the other comments and suggestions, I always take off with full green blinks and never add new home while flying. I did notice at the first minute or so that the platform is having problems keeping its location. Maybe this should be a sign for landing and power cycle. At least until DJI comes with new toy for us to buy....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.