Coming in tomorrow!

Reaction score
My Phantom 2 should arrive tomorrow!!!
I am a complete newbie to this. I purchased it so that I could get some general aerial video.
I have cruised over this forum finding some pearls of wisdom. I've also watched a LOT of beginner videos that were recommended on this forum.
My rig will be coming from B&H Photo and will include the Zenmuse H3-3D, AVL58 Video Link Kit, iOSD mini, SkyVision CWCM-758G 7" Monitor. I'll be using my Hero 4.

What is the one thing that you would be sure to tell the "new guy" when he shows up with his brand new Phantom 2?

terrylowe said:
What is the one thing that you would be sure to tell the "new guy" when he shows up with his brand new Phantom 2?

Fly safely and responsibly. Learn how it responds. Practice in a big, open field first. Observe weather conditions. Never let your GoPro transmit while the copter is on. Check out AMA memberships, and finally... fly safely and responsibly. :D

Enjoy your new Phantom 2!!! Share some pics or video when you get some flights in.

(oh, one other tip: setting the gimbal tilt gain low will help smooth out gimbal tilt maneuvers, making for a smoother looking video if you're doing a lot of tilt work)

RobertMfromLI said:
terrylowe said:

RobertMfromLI said:
terrylowe said:

Fly safely and responsibly. Learn how it responds. Practice in a big, open field first. Observe weather conditions. Never let your GoPro transmit while the copter is on. Check out AMA memberships, and finally... fly safely and responsibly. :D

Enjoy your new Phantom 2!!! Share some pics or video when you get some flights in.

(oh, one other tip: setting the gimbal tilt gain low will help smooth out gimbal tilt maneuvers, making for a smoother looking video if you're doing a lot of tilt work)

Tilt gain low? Where do you do this. I think this will make a big difference especially with the new controller and tilt control

I did see you've been studying but...

Did you:
Read the manual?,
Read the manual?,
Read the manual?

Maybe you have, you didn't say, if not you can download it and start now.

Get ready for the gateway to awesome!

d4ddyo said:
RobertMfromLI said:

Tilt gain low? Where do you do this. I think this will make a big difference especially with the new controller and tilt control

Phantom 2 Assistant -> Advanced -> gimbal

It slows the gimbal tilt motor, so let's say you are going from full tilt to opposite end, and "slam the lever" from one end to the other... at say 10%, the gimbal will take 3 seconds. For the first part of the movement, it will go slow. For the very end of the movement, it will slow (even more) to a stop. Same occurs going from half tilt to full tilt, or any gimbal tilt motion. Much better than it jerking from position to position.

So, with the combination of the new dial control, and changing the tilt control gain, I think you're right... things will be much smoother and nicer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31