Come on in....its a free for all!

whitewatersalvo said:
This is still going on?? It's a FORUM FOR HELP people... If you don't want to read someones thread about their first flight over water, then don't click on it.

This is the reason that everyone I've talked to since getting into RC aviation believes that all RC Pilots are fat conceited assholes trying act like they are hot stuff. NOT TRUE, but threads like this don't help the perception.

Why do people like you pick one minuscule tidbit from a conversation and claim it is the entire reason for a discussion?
First flight over water? Seriously?

It is about ALL of the posts on here being repeated.
What's the use

Fat?! How very dare you!

Actually compared to a lot of forums about a lot of other subjects this was one of the most civilised discussions of forum procedure/etiquette/quality/clutter, etc. I mean we're 7 pages in and no one's flounced out stating they'll never visit this place again, or done a vicious flaming rage-quit.

Hopefully it's been cathartic and we can all do group hugs afterwards. Although watch Nvr2fst, he's got wandering hands...

It sounds like a number of us (in this thread anyway) have had a fair amount of experience in moderating/managing forums of different types, and while we may agree with the "for the greater good" vision Nvr2Fst champions (and have even employed similar tactics in the past), I think others like me may simply be burned out on all that, and are happy to have a forum like this one where the limited scope and size mean that we can forget about all that for the most part. I've done my share of "search first!!" and "post in the right place!" and I for one have been perfectly happy to ignore those instincts here and feed the noobs a bit...even if it ultimately leads to the downfall of our civilization ;)

I'd like to thank Pull-Up and Slinger for perfectly expressing my thoughts on this matter and saving me the time and trouble.

I'd like to thank Nvr2Fst for being "that guy" who keeps us on our toes and makes sure we always self-evaluate.

I'd like to thank all the noobs in this forum who help this old guy feel relevant and useful.

I'd like to thank Adam for providing this "casual" alternative forum, so I don't have to go mucking around in the much more formally structured and managed rcgroups all the time.

I'd like to thank myself for a lot of things I don't really deserve. And I'm sure I will.

Personally, I'm sick of moderating, and I actually am enjoying the break from forums that can't survive without it. This one seems to be doing just fine, even now that the ranks have swelled so much. Someday the lack of order here may exceed my personal threshold for annoyance, but for now it ain't nothin.

whitewatersalvo said:
This is still going on?? It's a FORUM FOR HELP people... If you don't want to read someones thread about their first flight over water, then don't click on it.

This is the reason that everyone I've talked to since getting into RC aviation believes that all RC Pilots are fat conceited assholes trying act like they are hot stuff. NOT TRUE, but threads like this don't help the perception.

If you don't want to read about this, why are YOU clicking on it? :lol:

whitewatersalvo said:

...umm... not wishing to be controversial... But why not follow your own advice and ignore this thread?

EDIT... Snap!!

I don't know, maybe you are right, I still think people should be more willing to help on this forum, but I guess my last comment about this thread still going on was hypocritical (although I never said I dont want to see this thread, just that I disagree with it). Just please don't throw the newbies under the boat because one guy has got an elitist complex and a problem articulating anything without sarcasm.

Pull_Up said:
Fat?! How very dare you!

Actually compared to a lot of forums about a lot of other subjects this was one of the most civilised discussions of forum procedure/etiquette/quality/clutter, etc. I mean we're 7 pages in and no one's flounced out stating they'll never visit this place again, or done a vicious flaming rage-quit.

Hopefully it's been cathartic and we can all do group hugs afterwards. Although watch Nvr2fst, he's got wandering hands...

Alright now Pull_Up

My hands are in the "normal" mode. If that means anything any more today.

You called me hun.
I am still a bit confused where this came from

Nvr2fst said:
Yes sir, come on in it is a free for all.

What......your Phantom flew away? Well come on in and make a new thread! And yet another. There is plenty of room.

What......your Phantom flies over water? Ok, come on in and make yet another thread!

What you are scared to fly your Phantom? Yes you too deserve your own thread! All of the other ones would just over shadow yours anyway, right.

And you sir......yours flies in circles? Well hell, let me help you with that. Let me tell you what you can do for that....no, no....you don't need to type a word in search or check out the stickies...no that is just silly.....all you need to do is ignore the hundreds of the same posted remedies of this and make your very own thread. That will put all of the attention on you as you so rightfully deserve. You know why......yes sir, because you are special and you need personalized immediate service.

You are a newby so you get a pass. A newby to the Phantom but I am guessing not a newby to forums, right?

YES we can help you too because we understand that none of you have a freakin clue on how to use a forum so you are all exempt.

This all just shows the chaos that can happen when some humans are not policed. 99% of you know how to use a forum but since nobody is policing you, 60% or more of you will take advantage of that and ignore the rules most other forums insist on. You can tell the people who are doing as they should because certain threads get more pages on them. So many threads just fade into infamy with a few replies if any just to once again pop up.......again and again and again.

Good Lord man. I'm new here too and have learned a ton on this forum, and appreciate all of the help I've received so far. I've searched for answers, some of which I found, others I didn't and still others return a ba-million results (and who wants to spend the whole time going through that many results when it may be answered faster by asking the question in a different way?). Anyway, seems like a great place, but didn't realize that asking a question (even if it's already been answered and buried deep) or being a newby would cause this kind of frustration and anger. It's just a forum that we all share ideas and learn from, not a World disaster. Maybe stick to one 5-hour energy at a time and not five?

whitewatersalvo said:
I don't know, maybe you are right, I still think people should be more willing to help on this forum, but I guess my last comment about this thread still going on was hypocritical (although I never said I dont want to see this thread, just that I disagree with it). Just please don't throw the newbies under the boat because one guy has got an elitist complex and a problem articulating anything without sarcasm.

:lol: ... Still -- this thread has been useful in discussing that very issue though... So it's not all bad.... :)

Nvr2fst said:
Pull_Up said:
Fat?! How very dare you!

Alright now Pull_Up

My hands are in the "normal" mode. If that means anything any more today.

You called me hun.
I am still a bit confused where this came from

Don't be confused, just relax while pull_up just gets the syringe of medication.... :lol:

OI Photography said:
It sounds like a number of us (in this thread anyway) have had a fair amount of experience in moderating/managing forums of different types, and while we may agree with the "for the greater good" vision Nvr2Fst champions (and have even employed similar tactics in the past), I think others like me may simply be burned out on all that, and are happy to have a forum like this one where the limited scope and size mean that we can forget about all that for the most part. I've done my share of "search first!!" and "post in the right place!" and I for one have been perfectly happy to ignore those instincts here and feed the noobs a bit...even if it ultimately leads to the downfall of our civilization ;)

I'd like to thank Pull-Up and Slinger for perfectly expressing my thoughts on this matter and saving me the time and trouble.

I'd like to thank Nvr2Fst for being "that guy" who keeps us on our toes and makes sure we always self-evaluate.

I'd like to thank all the noobs in this forum who help this old guy feel relevant and useful.

I'd like to thank Adam for providing this "casual" alternative forum, so I don't have to go mucking around in the much more formally structured and managed rcgroups all the time.

I'd like to thank myself for a lot of things I don't really deserve. And I'm sure I will.

Personally, I'm sick of moderating, and I actually am enjoying the break from forums that can't survive without it. This one seems to be doing just fine, even now that the ranks have swelled so much. Someday the lack of order here may exceed my personal threshold for annoyance, but for now it ain't nothin.

<gives standing ovation>

BigPig said:
Nvr2fst said:

What......your Phantom flew away? Well come on in and make a new thread! And yet another. There is plenty of room.

What......your Phantom flies over water? Ok, come on in and make yet another thread!

What you are scared to fly your Phantom? Yes you too deserve your own thread! All of the other ones would just over shadow yours anyway, right.

And you sir......yours flies in circles? Well hell, let me help you with that. Let me tell you what you can do for that....no, no....you don't need to type a word in search or check out the stickies...no that is just silly.....all you need to do is ignore the hundreds of the same posted remedies of this and make your very own thread. That will put all of the attention on you as you so rightfully deserve. You know why......yes sir, because you are special and you need personalized immediate service.

You are a newby so you get a pass. A newby to the Phantom but I am guessing not a newby to forums, right?

YES we can help you too because we understand that none of you have a freakin clue on how to use a forum so you are all exempt.

This all just shows the chaos that can happen when some humans are not policed. 99% of you know how to use a forum but since nobody is policing you, 60% or more of you will take advantage of that and ignore the rules most other forums insist on. You can tell the people who are doing as they should because certain threads get more pages on them. So many threads just fade into infamy with a few replies if any just to once again pop up.......again and again and again.

Good Lord man. I'm new here too and have learned a ton on this forum, and appreciate all of the help I've received so far. I've searched for answers, some of which I found, others I didn't and still others return a ba-million results (and who wants to spend the whole time going through that many results when it may be answered faster by asking the question in a different way?). Anyway, seems like a great place, but didn't realize that asking a question (even if it's already been answered and buried deep) or being a newby would cause this kind of frustration and anger. It's just a forum that we all share ideas and learn from, not a World disaster. Maybe stick to one 5-hour energy at a time and not five?

Are you feeling anger from me in my topic?
Sorry, you are a bit off.
Why would I be mad?
Once again I am just pointing out an observation. Nothing more. Then some people come in here and push it farther than it really is.

This is not my forum, I can leave it anytime I like.

Hey......this is MY thread. I am no longer reaching out to anybody else's to state my position in.
This originally started when I posted this on two threads, which may or may not been fair, so I decided to let them go and create my own little corner. You can join in.....or not. But don't come in here insulting me or I may retaliate. I'd rather not. State your position or pass this whole thread entirely, but don't come in here attempting to insult me.

Not stupid enough to drink that garbage.

whitewatersalvo said:
Just please don't throw the newbies under the boat because one guy has got an elitist complex and a problem articulating anything without sarcasm.

Don't worry about the elitist changing the mind of the helpful ones in a single thread\post.

Worry about the duplications, because those helpful ones may not have all the time and patience in the world to repeat the same answer day after day for weeks on end... then again, there may be enough of them to keep it up and may inspire new members to do the same and keep up the cycle going.

Nvr2fst said:
BigPig said:
Nvr2fst said:

Are you feeling anger from me in my topic?
Sorry, you are a bit off.
Why would I be mad?
Once again I am just pointing out an observation. Nothing more. Then some people come in here and push it farther than it really is.

This is not my forum, I can leave it anytime I like.

Hey......this is MY thread. I am no longer reaching out to anybody else's to state my position in.
This originally started when I posted this on two threads, which may or may not been unfair, so I decided to let them go and create my own little corner. You can join in.....or not. But don't come in here insulting me or I may retaliate. I'd rather not. State your position, pass this whole thread entirely, but don't come in here attempting to insult me.

Not stupid enough to drink that garbage.

Trust me guy, I have zero reason to be angry at you or your topic... IMHO, you've pretty much gone off on every member in here, so don't throw the "insult" word around. Retaliate? Really? Relax. LMAO!!! Position stated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Home_03_Wanna-fight-animation.gif

LeoS said:
Don't worry about the elitist changing the mind of the helpful ones in a single thread\post.

Worry about the duplications, because those helpful ones may not have all the time and patience in the world to repeat the same answer day after day for weeks on end... then again, there may be enough of them to keep it up and may inspire new members to do the same and keep up the cycle going.

Being serious again for a second... No, really. That is a danger. Either we need someone to adjudicate on stickies, or perhaps the time has come for someone to put together a "New owners start here" locked post with links to the manuals, the firmware, the .apk for side loading android, the now contraband Guinn videos, and all the stuff that we know where to find, but others might not. Trouble is, people being people, if you've just taken your shiny toy out of the box and it looks like you've bricked it trying to update then I'd humbly suggest that in a state of panic or confusion most people would like to ask questions first, and look for their own answers second. Having said that it might cut down on the number of compass calibration and IOC new threads, but maybe not.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31