Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

combining a 550 and p-1with fpv set up?

Discussion in 'Other DJI Multi-Rotors' started by thumpinhard, Oct 25, 2014.

1. thumpinhard

i have friend with a p-1 with fpv set up on it but it has only about 8 minutes flight time..dont know much about the flame wheel series but was wondering if everything on the p-1 would mount on the flame wheel and if it made sense to do?
    thanks.

2. Gizmo3000

It's been discussed many times in the past, and while some parts are compatible, most would argue that it's not worth it to sacrifice a Phantom towards building another larger quad or hex.
    the NAZA inside would work,. same with the motors and the rx- but the ESC's and GPS are specifically made for the Phantom (they're bare electronics), so wouldn't really be ideal.

You're probably better off buying a F550 (or F450) kit really. But even then ,. those would get you only about 10-12 minutes of flight time.

8 minutes isn't too bad,. but if you're really just looking for longer flights, look into all the modifications people do to add larger batteries to a P1,. and switch to the new Vision style props.

3. thumpinhard

thanks for the input..good point about the g.p.s. i know she had it rigged for twin batteries but it was so heavy you didn't get much better time if at all and it didn't fly well.
    i was wondering if there were more efficient motors that would work with it..?