Colored Props

I wasn't anywhere near boiling when the props went in. Black took the longest.View attachment 21644

I noticed you have a P2 in your signature. This would work fine as the hubs are metal (and everyone has tested).
For those with a P3 - I would be doing some test as the hubs are composites and may be affected by heat.
Part of the dying process with Ryt Dye is to boil. Its unknown if the composite hubs will be affected - eg shrinkage or the dye adhering to the hub and changing the texture/friction and ultimately causing slippage and prop-pop-off from the active braking in the P3 esc/motors.

Reactions: Marlin009
I noticed you have a P2 in your signature. This would work fine as the hubs are metal (and everyone has tested).
For those with a P3 - I would be doing some test as the hubs are composites and may be affected by heat.
Part of the dying process with Ryt Dye is to boil. Its unknown if the composite hubs will be affected - eg shrinkage or the dye adhering to the hub and changing the texture/friction and ultimately causing slippage and prop-pop-off from the active braking in the P3 esc/motors.

You dont need to boil and no worry's just let them cool fully.

You dont need to boil and no worry's just let them cool fully.

Cool. Excuse the pun.
Can someone confirm if the composite hub changes colours?

I brought some water to just boiling and took it outside. It was about 50 degrees. Probably 5 minutes to get them in the dye (head scratching time).

I'm sure it took longer at a lower heat but I was in no rush.

I certainly can't speak to the P3 props and the possible affect it might have on the hubs. You raise a valid point.

Wow I want the blue!

Again OP u think the price is fair and like you its a few bucks for your time, plus cost of props n material. Cheap if you ask me. you aren't charging $50 for a set....

Then you want to order Royal Blue. ;)

Reactions: domdoha
I'll put a few things together and post. I'm like most of u guys and make a good living. I'm not looking to screw people over. Just seeing if there was possible interest. If I can make a few sets and buy a 6 pack of beer a week I'll be happy. Lol. Just trying to help people out.

I would pay a reasonable price - I looked further ahead and saw your color schemes. Maybe here's a chance to outfit my Phantom to look like a Gator Phantom - Orange and Blue!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav