Colorado Springs

Hi Folks - new to this forum - just wanted to say Hi! I'm up in the Stetson Hills area of town. I'm a noob, and have had my P4 for just a week! Anyone else getting the 107 cert?

Welcome! We usually get together on weekends to fly. The "events" are usually posted in the facebook group linked above, but we try to post them here as well.

Reactions: PhatDaddy
Hi guys! Tried joining the FB group. I'm currently visiting for military school and brought my Mavic. Where's a good park/ place to fly without trouble during the week? I fly back out Saturday morning to South Carolina..

Hi guys! Tried joining the FB group. I'm currently visiting for military school and brought my Mavic. Where's a good park/ place to fly without trouble during the week? I fly back out Saturday morning to South Carolina..

It's been terrible weather lately but I may fly tomorrow morning

Hello. I am new to the Colorado Springs area, as well as drone flying/photography. Any recommendations on locations to fly in the area or mountains would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

For those in the Denver, CO area, we should start a 14er club. I just got back from a week's vacation in the Colorado mountains. Flying to top of 14er mountains and capturing the view of dozens of mountain peaks in the background is spectacular. The easiest 14er I have found to fly to and from is Mt. Evans. You can practically drive to the top, just 140' below the peak. From there you can fly for miles all around with spectacular views. It's a great day trip for those near Denver. Here's an overview, as seen with Google Maps 3D. This opportunity won't last long, as winter is approaching fast and the road to the top will be closed.

Or, you could also fly from down below at Guanella Pass 11,600', and fly up to Mt. Evans if you have the parameters hacked. It's doable.

upload_2017-10-22_22-25-55.png

Just drive to Idaho Spring (~12mi East of Georgetown) and then drive south to the top of Mt Evans.

upload_2017-10-22_22-23-4.png

There are over 50 mountains in Colorado over 14,000' high. I've topped two of them.

Hello. I am new to the Colorado Springs area, as well as drone flying/photography. Any recommendations on locations to fly in the area or mountains would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I love how you specifically mention Colorado Springs and some fellow chimes in about Denver. Sigh. I dont fly a whole lot, but I know there is a group that meets I think at Palmer Park every Sunday at 10am or every other Sunday. Hope that helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20