Colorado Springs

Newbie with a Phantom 4. I'd like to try and meet up with any flyers local to the Springs. Let me know when you might be headed out.

Also, I stumbled on this drone event that is being hosted by Multicopter Warehouse in Castle Rock on 25 Sep. Was supposed to be in the Springs, but now it looks like it will take place closer to Castle Rock. You can register for it at: DJI Events™ - DJI New Pilot Experience

I only have a P3A but I'm always down to fly.. I'm on Dublin and academy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be able to make it happen, where did u have in mind?

10 am may be a little late for me tomorrow... maybe closer to 8 am?

I see where someone says flying from the parking lot south of the Haley Davidson store gives good line of sight. How about there. Not sure where the power plant is.

And any other fliers or those interested are welcome. I'm letting some badged buddies know as well. Safety first.

I only have 2 batteries right now but sounds like fun

Here is the footage of the flight this morning.. no editing

Good stuff. Pulpit Rock is a great place to practice, sorry I couldnt clear up time to join you guys. I think AgentSmith was looking for people to fly with in the Springs too.

Just curious, has anyone heard of one controller/drone interfering with the signal from another if you're flying nearby? I've only had one encounter where someone showed up where I was flying, but it didn't seem to cause me any problems.

The guy took off from the hood of his Jeep. Seemed like he was new, or hadn't studied much to know launching from close to a vehicle can mess with your compass. Poor guy landed hard on the hood, tipping it and breaking two props.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Dirt parking area just south of BMW right next to a tall brown metal poll.
FYI... There's a much larger paved parking lot south of the dirt area a hundred yards or so. I don't know if it's used by the college during the day, but it's always been mostly empty on weekends.

Sent from my LG V-10 using the PhantomPilots app for Android.

FlyingLion and I were interfering big time with each other.. next time we fly I'll investigate further.. I have more batteries coming my way so I'll have more patience to tinker..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj