Color my belly....

Ted

Reaction score
There are so may people here personalizing their birds with a skin on the top. I can respect that. This is not my style though. I am looking for anyone who has put some color on the belly so they can see it better in the sky? If so, how did you do it? I was considering taking off the VPS and hitting it with a cote of good spray paint. Thoughts?

I agree with Ted, I would like colors on the belly and legs for better visibility. Can this be done by hydro dipping?

Only problem with doing the dip is disassembling everything. I was hoping to just take off the VPS and doing some taping. I was hoping someone has painted.

If you are willing to take the time to remove everything from the shell you could dye it. I dyes the tops of both my controller & bird. I was not up to stripping the lowers. :D
Use 'poly dye', not regular dye. Do it outside or in an open garage as it smells bad. There are many, many threads here on how to do it.

If you are willing to take the time to remove everything from the shell you could dye it. I dyes the tops of both my controller & bird. I was not up to stripping the lowers. :D
Use 'poly dye', not regular dye. Do it outside or in an open garage as it smells bad. There are many, many threads here on how to do it.

Full disassembly and sprayed black. Top and bottom. Much more visible in a bright sky and against clouds. Not so much against a tree covered hill.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443411532.358028.jpg

Full disassembly and sprayed black. Top and bottom. Much more visible in a bright sky and against clouds. Not so much against a tree covered hill.

View attachment 32123
Looks nice! :)
Tell people it's the same stuff they coat the stealth bomber with so it can't be tracked on radar. :D

Reactions: acherman
That looks way better than a white Phantom. Have you had any heat issues with all that black?
No heat issues at all. That said, I live in Canada, so heat is never an issue, other than not enough of it. Haha Those props move so much air that I doubt it would be an issue anywhere. Unless it spent a lot of time sitting without the props spinning.

Personally, when I get my bird I will keep it as is. Why? so its less prominent in the sky for the stupid idiots who think MI6/CIA are watching them, maybe I'll borrow so stealth paint from the airforce (anti radar of course).

No GPS issues so long as there's no metal in the paint or film.

The IMU does not use radio waves. It senses motion or physical movement thus the name- Inertial Measurement Unit.

IMU - DJI Wiki

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4