Color and Grading P3 Footage

I'm halfway through it and this is great so far. Its cool to see how others integrate color grading into their workflow!

Reactions: fhagan02
What are most common manual WB settings you use?
It looks like you typically start from scratch on most corrections. Do you typically adjust your RGB highs/lows first, then manually add other effects?

What are most common manual WB settings you use?
It looks like you typically start from scratch on most corrections. Do you typically adjust your RGB highs/lows first, then manually add other effects?

Obviously it depends on the lighting but I tend to stay around 5000-5600K for daylight WB.

Yes I always start with the overall tonality of the shot with basic color correction. I get my shadows and highlights where I like them and them start playing with the color grade.

I'm halfway through it and this is great so far. Its cool to see how others integrate color grading into their workflow!

Thanks for the comment. I always enjoy seeing how others do things. Keeps me from getting in rut using the same old "tricks" that I'm used to.

Last edited:
Amazing stuff, thanks for sharing. So far beyond me at this point though. One question, if you had to pick between the ND/CP8 and the graduated 16-8, which one would you choose?

Amazing stuff, thanks for sharing. So far beyond me at this point though. One question, if you had to pick between the ND/CP8 and the graduated 16-8, which one would you choose?
That's a tough call but I'm really loving the GND16-8. Since 90% of aerial shots have brighter skies compared to the land beneath - this filter was made for aerial shooters IMHO.

VERY cool tutorial. This should be your day job, such a soothing voice for something like this. I hope you might consider doing a tutorial for Windows users!

Great informative video. I love my SRP ND 8\CP. Unfortunately I don't use premiere pro cc although I have tried but I can't justify a monthly payment when this is just a hobby...
I'm using Premiere Elements 13 and at times, Prodrenalin 10. I'm sure there is no way I could get the post production coloring your getting without paying for a high priced editing software. Thanks again!

VERY cool tutorial. This should be your day job, such a soothing voice for something like this. I hope you might consider doing a tutorial for Windows users!
LOL glad you liked it! Me too but unfortunately I'm a Mac nerd. Thanks for the comment.

Last edited:
Great informative video. I love my SRP ND 8\CP. Unfortunately I don't use premiere pro cc although I have tried but I can't justify a monthly payment when this is just a hobby...
I'm using Premiere Elements 13 and at times, Prodrenalin 10. I'm sure there is no way I could get the post production coloring your getting without paying for a high priced editing software. Thanks again!
Have u tried davinci resolve lite??

Have u tried davinci resolve lite??
I tried to upload it but for some reason I'm getting a message I need to load something else. So I gave up on it figured my computer didn't have enough to run it...

I tried to upload it but for some reason I'm getting a message I need to load something else. So I gave up on it figured my computer didn't have enough to run it...
Yes you need to have a fairly high end video card with a good gpu, as Davinci uses it for all the processing. GPU based cards are not that expensive. A lot of gamers sell off their cards when they upgrade to new whiz bang cards.

Alan

Reactions: Brad Pierce
Yes you need to have a fairly high end video card with a good gpu, as Davinci uses it for all the processing. GPU based cards are not that expensive. A lot of gamers sell off their cards when they upgrade to new whiz bang cards.

Alan
Yeah if I remember correctly screen pop up said opencl accelerated gpu or something to that unfortunate because it's free. Oh well!

Yeah if I remember correctly screen pop up said opencl accelerated gpu or something to that unfortunate because it's free. Oh well!
Just bought a cid card for my 2009 mac pro. Gx 580? I think. Yes resolve is gpu hungry. But its sooo good for grading!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great tutorial, after watching it a few times I have a question, would you recommend the same manual settings for all lighting conditions? Especially bright sunshine, plus I don't have my ND filters yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan