Colin Guinn

Reaction score
Anyone know where he's at or what he's doing now. Anyone have information on the lawsuit.

I fully expect him to one day emerge with his own company probably involved with drones, If so have a feeling they will be direct competition with DJI. With potential of being superior to the DJI products now.

Can't hurt.

Colin was a marketing genius this is his background no doubt helped put dji on the map
Sold me to buy a phantom with the promo he did for dji I loved that vid before it got pulled from dji
Dont suppose anyone got a copy ? :D

hotstink626 said:
Colin was a marketing genius this is his background no doubt helped put dji on the map
Sold me to buy a phantom with the promo he did for dji I loved that vid before it got pulled from dji
Dont suppose anyone got a copy ? :D

They are still on youtube aren't they .... sure I saw his facein search the other day on DJI

Cant seem to find that last one he did that was on the website that had the kayaking guy in it ... think dji sent it to that cloud that all the flyaways go to... lol :lol:

Yes Glenn was a "marketing genius" actually he was the type of person that gives you confidence in a Company as strange as it may sound I don't have that confidence in DJI since he left can't really explain it

Perhaps the reason is a company that does not recognize the talent and the asset that he was I find detrimental to that particular company. Obviously I do not know all the details of the financial package that he had but it seems like there could have been a work out/workaround so all parties were happy. I have negotiated many contracts like this and always found a solution.

Not only good at selling but a leader in trying to change the public perception of our hobby as well as a lobbiest to our law maker ...

We needed " Save Colliin " bumper stickers when he got fired ... to stick to our phantoms :D

Clearly I have a different perception of people than some folk on the forums!

Mr Guinn was a reality TV contestant and a failed mobile/cell phone salesman! Do your digging on Google and you will find many interesting facts.

He posted himself as the CEO of DJI Innovations - he never was! He was 'Chief Innovations Officer'. Tao Wang was and still is the CEO.
Guinn was never even made a marketing director.

The IRS were also involved in closing down one of his companies as it appeared he did not file/pay tax due!

It's all available via the world wide wonder web if you care to dig deep enough - even his home address etc.

'Marketing Genius'?... No
Used Car Salesman?.... Maybe he would fit that profile. If I shook hands with him though, I would count my fingers afterwards!

Garysam said:
Anyone know where he's at or what he's doing now. Anyone have information on the lawsuit.

I fully expect him to one day emerge with his own company probably involved with drones, If so have a feeling they will be direct competition with DJI. With potential of being superior to the DJI products now.

That won't be possible until the non-compete he signed expires. I assume its a 3 or 5 year agreement, which is pretty standard.

Yes good point, if there was a noncompete, second a possible addendum would eliminate noncompete upon a termination or a unfair termination. And of course that would mean court a bunch of junk.

Kelso Kubat said:
who cares where he his honestly... go fly your phantom's :shock:

Well said !! Maybe he's back on another reality TV show !

The Editor said:

Same here.

There's no doubt that his/"DJI America" video's were very successful at putting DJI and the Phantom at the forefront of this industry.
but as an end user, it was rather obvious to anyone who has had to get DJI parts/repairs that he was just the slick american PR/spokesperson and that DJI America was merely a sales/marketing company and had little to do with a customer once they had bought a Phantom (nor did they interact with the Phantom community)

I'm sure there's two sides to every story, but having read about his previous exploits, it didn't come as much of a shock to hear about the falling-out with the DJI corp.
I have little doubt tho that he'll resurface tho

If it had not been for his videos and what I thought was good support on a product, I most likely would have not bought my Phantom

The Editor said:
.....The IRS were also involved in closing down one of his companies as it appeared he did not file/pay tax due!
It's all available via the world wide wonder web if you care to dig deep enough - even his home address etc.
.....And we all know everything on the web is the truth. :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj