Cold weather

And those TX warmers look very very usefull thanks for posting!!!
Yes, I'm still trying to find one big enough to hold the iPad Air above my radio controller. ;-)

If anyone runs across one, please let us Northern Hemisphere dwellers in on it. Thanks.
Gloves work wonders on the frigid digits, but do nothing to keep the radio or device out of the frosty cold elements.

RedHotPoker

Interesting. I guess I have been lucky :eek:

I have actually experienced the opposite. Left my iPhone out on the direct sun during an art show and it did shut down. However, I take my iPhone on all my photography trips (down to -25F) so far and I have not had any issues. Will definitely be testing it soon with the P3P. Hopefully this week.

I think if the cold is below your neck then don't run. If it's just in your nose, it's probably okay. That is true for running period, but it goes double when it's cold out. When you have a cough, the tissues in your lungs and throat are likely to be weak and inflamed already.

Anyone come up with a solution for iPad in the cold? Not even the pad hat or sunshield is enough to keep it happy? I wish there was some kind of thin warmer or insulator for my air2. I'd hate to have to buy another tablet just for the cold.
You might try Salonpas heating pads, those are thin enough, about $.50 each. Each pad should last 2 or 3 flights in a row.

I flew Tuesday at 16 F and 18 mph winds. Kept my batteries in a very small cooler with a hand warmer pack until ready to fly. I used two small toe warmers stuck on the back of my iPad Air2. 12 minutes of flight and 50% battery left on landing. No problems at all except cold fingers.

I fly my p3a in 5c and I have 1.4 do you think I have to update? I think the battery temp before I start is about 20c.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie