Cold Weather Flying

Reaction score
Hey guys as cold weather approaches is there any flying issues? This will be my first winter flying. I know the air will be more dense. Any temps to cold or good as long as the operator can take i

Batteries do not last very long. Plastic/vinyl gets to be very brittle in the cold. The shell could easily be damaged in cold temperature. Propellers will also be very brittle.
I read somewhere that the GPS sensor will cease to function at -10C. (to be confirmed) and you may want to have one of these for your hands:
Turnigy Transmitter Glove (2.4Ghz/Neckstrap Ready)

Batteries do not last very long. Plastic/vinyl gets to be very brittle in the cold. The shell could easily be damaged in cold temperature. Propellers will also be very brittle.
I read somewhere that the GPS sensor will cease to function at -10C. (to be confirmed) and you may want to have one of these for your hands:
Turnigy Transmitter Glove (2.4Ghz/Neckstrap Ready)
Thanks Michel. Just another reason to wish for a mild winter !!!!

My understanding is it's probably not a good idea to run your craft when air temp is below freezing. Comments?

I flew my fc40 all last winter sometimes in -10c no problems. but I do not want hastles with p3p
because its gonna be its first winter but the shots
of snow in the glens would be a bonus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20