cold battery

Reaction score
this is a first for me, at the weekend 9.00 am I went to take off and instead of "home point recorded" I got a message on the screen "caution battery below 15 degrees bla bla bla, (it wasn't really cold maybe around 15c) so I just run the motors up and down while it was still on the ground for about 1 minute then the normal message "home point recorded, take-off".

I'm not used to this colder weather. be good to get the warm for the winter

Oddly enough I got a message recently saying aircraft warming up.... Never had that before and it was also on one of the hottest days of the year. Hope its not a serious hardware or software problem

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: WildMan9
this is a first for me, at the weekend 9.00 am I went to take off and instead of "home point recorded" I got a message on the screen "caution battery below 15 degrees bla bla bla, (it wasn't really cold maybe around 15c),,,
Lots of threads on this.

15 C isn't cold to you but it's plenty cold to a Phantom Lipo. It's a good idea to be sure your Lipo is at least 20 C before launch, but it's even more important as we get into the late fall and winter months...

20c is 59f. I had left my drone in my truck while dry camping. Temp dropped to 50f and my batteries were cold and unable to fly. Learned to keep my batteries in a controlled environment.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DJI added these warnings 2 or 3 firmware's ago. I think at 15c the motors won't turn on, at 20c they turn on but a warning is given that power is limited. I _think_ those are the correct temps. Very nice addition.

Reactions: Doink
this is a first for me, at the weekend 9.00 am I went to take off and instead of "home point recorded" I got a message on the screen "caution battery below 15 degrees bla bla bla, (it wasn't really cold maybe around 15c) so I just run the motors up and down while it was still on the ground for about 1 minute then the normal message "home point recorded, take-off".

I'm not used to this colder weather. be good to get the warm for the winter

ha ha ha ha ha

Me :):):):)

Yes there there have been lots of meetings going on about the problems, not sure though if there is the money behind it to fix it though.

DJI added these warnings 2 or 3 firmware's ago. I think at 15c the motors won't turn on, at 20c they turn on but a warning is given that power is limited. I _think_ those are the correct temps. Very nice addition.

Correct, back in January when I got my P3A we had a dusting of snow, first time out with it in the middle of a football field I got the warning battery temp too low, battery temp needs to be 15° , I was gutted, it's never 15° even in summer here. I think it was around this sort of time that AC were falling out the sky due to low batt temp and motors shutting off, that's when we had the propulsion limited update

Based on the site feedback, DJI is continuously working to make product safe by implementing different checks. That's one of the reasons, I propose to upgrade to the latest FW/ SW unless there is a specific reason for one not to upgrade.

The only issue so far I noticed is that DJI doesn't publish a fault finding/ diagnostics doc listing all the possible error messages and their probable causes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik