cocktail and a flight distance 2700 ft

Reaction score
Took her out for a spin last evening. Drove down the road and launched from the side of a farmers field. Opened up my beach chair.. Cracked open a cold one. Launched to the SW. Atlantic Ocean is on horizon in some shots..Farms, McMansions and Polo fields.. Been pushing my distance with every new flight. I have FPVLR stage 2. Without it i was only getting about 1500 feet. I got to 2700 last night before turning back. I experienced no drop outs at all. I only turned back because 2500 was my goal for the flight. Tonight im going for 3200.

https://vimeo.com/thefilmtribunal/review/101369138/32ba135829

when doing such distance tests to test out equipment changes, its best to use the same site and same flying parameters. all pilots have their "test site" which is usually close to home.

so whats a good vertical distance to go up-to, before you FLY THE BIRD OUT? in order to keep line of site (LOS)?

im thinking 300-500 feet?

some crazy mods on youtube with the amps have gone over 10K feet.

1) to keep LOS how high do you have to be for say, a 10K feet (control TX feed) test?
2) given the maximum speed of the phantom, and given the battery life for a successful return landing at home point, what is the max distance obtainable? if you want to land at home at end of test and not in a tree?

Beautiful video but don't lose your bird just for the sake of long distance testing. Don't want you to set an "infinite distance" record. :)

sheldrake said:
Took her out for a spin last evening. Drove down the road and launched from the side of a farmers field. Opened up my beach chair.. Cracked open a cold one. Launched to the SW. Atlantic Ocean is on horizon in some shots..Farms, McMansions and Polo fields.. Been pushing my distance with every new flight. I have FPVLR stage 2. Without it i was only getting about 1500 feet. I got to 2700 last night before turning back. I experienced no drop outs at all. I only turned back because 2500 was my goal for the flight. Tonight im going for 3200.

Really nice!
Is that 1080p 30fps?

gilmbento said:
sheldrake said:

Really nice!
Is that 1080p 30fps?
yes 1080p but 25fps as its closer to 24fps. Movies are shot at 24, so 25 is closer. also 50 mhz as that is the reciprocal and helps reduce any possible flicker, although that is usually caused by the use of lights whose frequency does not match

sheldrake said:
gilmbento said:
sheldrake said:

Really nice!
Is that 1080p 30fps?
yes 1080p but 25fps as its closer to 24fps. Movies are shot at 24, so 25 is closer. also 50 mhz as that is the reciprocal and helps reduce any possible flicker, although that is usually caused by the use of lights whose frequency does not match

Thanks!! I will definitely try those settings!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers