COBB COUNTY GEORGIA

Mike drove over to the lake, we had a good couple of hours flying over the lake, Mike flew some Litchi missions he had created the night before.

Looking forward to when the lake has more water and doing similar flights.

Thanks for inviting me over. It was nice to get together and compare notes and exchange ideas. I now have a lot more confidence in Litchi. The eight minute waypoint mission was the longest and the furthest away from the home point that I have ever flown.

Let me know when you would like to do it again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm close to you guys also-- between Lost Mountain Park & Lake Acworth. I have a P4P & Part 107, use Litchi waypoints a lot for some personal projects but trying to get functional at cinematic movements, FPV (not racing) & video editing/color correcting.

Let me know if anyone wants to fly. Weekends are best.

In the Woodstock/Roswell area and I'd love to fly with you guys over the lake :)

I'm in no way affiliated with him but for folks in Georgia seeking drone insurance I went thru Jacob Hiers.

[email protected]
770-926-8787

Out of the several SF agents I called Jacob was the most knowledable and the quickest to return my calls...He also had the best rate.

Checking out this forum for places to fly around Cobb County and surrounding areas. Would love to find someone to fly with. I have P3P and a Mavic.

If anyone still active, reply with your best spots!

I'm looking at--
4900 Ivey Rd. SW
Acworth
and a new subdivision SW of Lost Mountain Park...not sure how much they have built out in there.

Wanting to find somewhere to practice fpv flying other than doing circles around my house. FPV at 200' is easy but below treetop level is another story...but that's where the fun is.

Just finished up flying at the top of Lost Mountain where they are finishing the subdivision and wow... some incredible views and shots to get!

Reactions: UAVpilotMK
Hey guys

Live in Atl proper. BORED with Piedmont park

Want to find new locations

1) open to test some limits
2) good photographic places

Weekends are best. Let me know

Thanks
Paul

Is that allatoona? How do you launch your drone?
I few off Lake Jackson - did hand launch and catch within the boat - worked well
I was very nervous flying over water, but it went well

Is that allatoona? How do you launch your drone?
I few off Lake Jackson - did hand launch and catch within the boat - worked well
I was very nervous flying over water, but it went well

Yes, Allatoona. We launched off a dock then hand caught it back into the boat. I don't worry about flying over water, crash on either is a crash.

Every Saturday and Sunday we ski behind the boat. Always welcome others.

k.. have to be a sat for me.. I just may take you up on that.. if so i will PM you
what time do you usually go on the water? and for how long?
im assuming the lake is crowded
do you go anywhere else

Thanks

typically we go out around 11:00 or noon, for 2-4 hours depending on who is on the boat with us, but are never far enough away from my dock that we couldn't drop someone off if they are time crunched.

With kids back in school, the lake traffic has immediately diminished quite a bit. There are a few other boats and jet skis, have even seen a couple of drones recently, someone was flying from shore and we must have interested them.

This isn't from Allatoona but this is what me and my friends do on the water. The number one reason I bought the P4 was to capture some of this.

WOW impressive. Do you shut off all sensors over water (especially bottom ones) ... Any other things you do when over water?

Was that taken with active track or just flying. Looks great

Ill have to find a Sat and come up

That flight I did not shut off sensors and was just flying myself. I've received advice from some to turn off sensors, from others not to bother. I will always plan to be 20' up so I don't think the sensors matter much other than hand catching.

PM me a couple days ahead if you find the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20