CO commission set to make it illegal to use drones for...

Re: CO commission set to make it illegal to use drones for..

They probably should not be used for hunting anyway. :lol:

Legally phamtom is a multirotor not a drone. A drone fly alone not a multirotor.

drone-man

As a hunter and an active supporter of wildlife conservation, I think that anyone using a "drone" "quad" "multi rotor" (BTW, in this case, the difference is merely semantics; they mean the same thing to the uninitiated) to "spot" game before hunting is doing little more than poaching, or paying to go onto a fenced in "hunting farm" where the animal has no chance of escaping you or your bullet.

You are going out hunting with the express desire to end an animal's life. Not only does the hunter have a much more highly developed brain (although that is highly doubtful in some cases), a wide variety of electronics and optics capable of drawing an animal in closer, identifying it from hundred of yards away with a spotting scope, determining it's distance to within a foot or so with a laser rangefinder, and then shooting it with a vast array of weapons capable of killing it instantly from hundreds of feet away.

The animal has it's wits and instinct. The odds are grossly stacked in the hunters favour, and now you want to introduce UAV's into the equation so you can add another imbalance to the equation?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find an honest hunter who would support using an aircraft to spot game...which is why doing that has been illegal for many years. What's different here is that you can be much lower and closer to the game without attracting their attention.

I FULLY support legislation making it illegal to use a UAV for this purpose. I'd rather not see additional laws affecting my hobbies, but we humans do rather poorly in self policing some of our baser instincts...shooting and killing stuff seems to be a place where our morals and ethics get knocked off the rails pretty easily too.

I couldn't agree more. Well said indeed.

I agree with this ban entirely. What I find interesting is the number of articles in the news in Denver that pertain to "drones" (uav's, quadcopter, hexcopter, whatever).

Haha pretty funny
I can use my assault rifle to fill a deer with lead but I can't use my Phantom to stalk and film it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers