C'mon DJI give us something !

Reaction score
Instead of restrictions give us something !! Like channel 7 , tired of watching videos that are so nice then BAM , I jerky tilt ! WTF !

I'm saying a lot of video I've seen on here are really nice until the camera is tilted using the app. I noticed when I tilt using my finger it's not as smooth as using the channel 7 lever. It's not a rant it's a fact. The lever was smoother and more convenient.

Mori55 said:
I'm saying a lot of video I've seen on here are really nice until the camera is tilted using the app. I noticed when I tilt using my finger it's not as smooth as using the channel 7 lever. It's not a rant it's a fact. The lever was smoother and more convenient.

Ok then.

You are asking for DJI to give you a better platform with smoother gimbal control via the TX vs. a phone app? Is that right?

6h6gf.gif

What I'm saying is on the pv2 you could put a dji channel 7 lever on the back of the transmitter. It worked nice. the pv+ has the spot for the lever. But for some reason they haven't enabled it on the + .

Mori55 said:
What I'm saying is on the pv2 you could put a dji channel 7 lever on the back of the transmitter. It worked nice. the pv+ has the spot for the lever. But for some reason they haven't enabled it on the + .

That makes perfect sense if it's part of DJI's product differentiation strategy, The 7th channel for the PV2 was a hack that they obviously did not anticipate.

I completely get what you're saying. taking your hands off the controller to press on your phone's screen sucks. Sure you can enable tilt control but if you move in the slights bit up or down accidentally your whole smooth shot is ruined. I do a lot of moving in a complete circle around objects like houses and people. sometimes i find myself moving my shoulders and/or the rest of my body when attempting a maneuver. accelerometer control is cute, but channel 7 would be the bomb.
I got swarmed with mosquitos late yesterday afternoon while lowering in front of my friends house do surprise him when he walked out the door. of course it got ruined. I wanted to drop down over his front lawn (about 10 ft up), see his face, then shoot straight up. the bugs ruined that for me. I didn't take my hands off the controller. but i shrugged my shoulder to get a bug out of my ear. that was enough to make the video look bad. like i was a rookie lol. channel 7 would make life a lot easier.

panhygrous pantler said:
Mori55 said:

That makes perfect sense if it's part of DJI's product differentiation strategy, The 7th channel for the PV2 was a hack that they obviously did not anticipate.

I can't imagine how they could view this as a product feature......there is nothing smooth and flowing in using the iPhone screen to index the camera tilt up and down. Maybe they're trying to get included in one of Apples tv commercials? The rest of the gimbal functions are so smooth and flowing, that the poor implementation using the iPhone screen just seems like a glaring mistake.

thats a great point. the gimbal/camera set up is smooth in ever aspect except moving up and down. what's up with that??? :?:
isn't that the gimbal's whole objective? smooth movement! why make the camera do that?
maybe dji is following in apple's footsteps. Do you remember when the first iPhone came out? it couldn't send picture messages. but all of the cheapo phones could. they wanted to have something that would make their customers but the next version of their product. Maybe that's why we don't have a channel 7 or zoom. so we'll have buy from them later. I thought zoom would've came standard with a flying camera. it only makes since.

RedRyderMedia said:
I can't imagine how they could view this as a product feature......there is nothing smooth and flowing in using the iPhone screen to index the camera tilt up and down. Maybe they're trying to get included in one of Apples tv commercials? The rest of the gimbal functions are so smooth and flowing, that the poor implementation using the iPhone screen just seems like a glaring mistake.

Product differentiation is more complex than a simple product feature.

An example of product differentiation would be to offer an entry level product that is easy to use in its stock form but that includes some compromises (PV2) vs. a more sophisticated product that is capable of superior results (P2) but that is more complicated/expensive to configure.

My problem is not the control interface but the speed. If it was 1/4 the speed it would look normal and cinematic instead of jerky and robotic. I cut out any tilts and just use a fade transition in post instead. It doesn't work well in real time to my eye, also the effect of the fisheye as it moves and distorts is very distracting.

Speaking of video did anyone find a sweet spot for gains settings for a smooth yaw? I find if the 3rd axis is forced to kick in that move is also too fast so it looks jerky just because if the transition in speed (two smooth moves at different speeds looks jerky at the boundary).

panhygrous pantler said:
RedRyderMedia said:

Product differentiation is more complex than a simple product feature.

An example of product differentiation would be to offer an entry level product that is easy to use in its stock form but that includes some compromises (PV2) vs. a more sophisticated product that is capable of superior results (P2) but that is more complicated/expensive to configure.

I'm wondering if you work for MicroSoft.....that sounds very similar to their bugs being Features.

I personally doubt DJI thinks the way they've implemented the camera tilt is a feature that differentiates their product. They've packed so many great capabilities into the P2V+ there's really doesn't seem to be any indication they're going for anything but a premium product at a very competitive price.

The Vision is now their entry level product and it's capable of having the channel 7 capability activated.

RedRyderMedia said:
The Vision is now their entry level product and it's capable of having the channel 7 capability activated.

Wasn't that a hack/workaround and not a feature that was designed into the Vision by DJI?

Regardless they should be able to activate it.
It works if the apps off from what I've read.

The "hack" was/is actually a DJI module (for lack of a better word) titled "Phantom 2 Tool" that is in the menu of a version of the P2's Assistant, and was written to enable the Ch7 pot in the TX to operate the camera tilt via the P2's Tx lever, or if you added the lever as an option to the Vision's Tx.
The tool has 2 boxes that you check for either the H3 2D or Vision).
On ther P2 it woud operate the tilt on the Zenmuse H3 2D and on the Vision it wold opeater the tilt servo on the FC200 "egg" camera.
Somebody hacked it out of that old Assistant version to operate as a stand alone program.

If you follow the other threads on the Ch7/tilt lever, DJI's response to people asking to have it added back into the Plus, indicates that they think it already is, and don't understand what we mean by it doesn't work.
So ......... possibly a right hand left hand thing is going on, and it will be "fixed" :?: :?: in the future.

On edit ... here's the thread that has all the " no Ch7 for the Plus" info, and the response from DJI that SkyHighFlyer received ....
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13232

Another thing that may be important, is that a number of us got the Ch7 tilt lever to work with the P2V using both purpose built (Taco, RotorPixel, and DroneExpert, 'and' (probably more importantly) ..... modified generic (GLB, GLS, eBay and etc.) aftermarket 2 axis gimbals that use the SimpleBGC controllers and GUI's to work, as well.
But ...... the Zenmuse 3H-2D 2 axis gimbal would never work right with the P2V, like it would with the P2.

So it might be worth it to see exactly how the Zenmuse H3-3D tilt function works on the current P2 H3-3D combo, that's using the same version Assistant/firmware as the Plus.

I might be buying one of them myself, if any restrictions/continued banning doesn't get out too far of control, but that will be too late for you guys, so maybe it's time to buy a new P2 H3-3D combo owner a beer. :?: :?:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl