CM2000 v5 - Unstable turn on / boat

Reaction score
I was trying to launch my phantom from a boat and the CM2000 would not initialize. It just remained limp. When I got back to shore it worked fine. I assume that it needs a stable service when you turn it on? Is there a way around this? I ended up taping the camera in place in order to take some shots--obviously less than ideal.

Thanks

There's some techniques you can try in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9054&p=75979

The thread is about getting the Phantom stable enough on a boat that it initializes properly, but they might be worth a try for your gimbal. I have the CM2000 as well but I've never tried using it on a boat (moving or otherwise).

Probably the same issue as with the Phantom in the thread mentioned above. The gimbal needs consistent readings from the IMU for a set period of time to initialize properly.

Go into the SimpleBGC software and check the box that says "Skip gyro calibration on startup". I haven't tried it but, in theory, that should fix the problem because it will use the stored calibration instead of having to be still to get a new calibration when you start it up.

Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers