Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

CM 2000 gimbal, do I need the batt. power adaptertter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xstatic, Aug 26, 2013.

1. xstatic

At Hobby-Wing.com they sell the battery power adapter for powering the CM-2000 gimbal. But can't we connect the power right to the free wire (power from battery) in the arm of the phantom? Do we need to buy the adapter?

Also I was thinking of buying the GoPro Hero3 Carbon Fiber Frame for CM2000, If I purchase this for my Gopro hero 3, if I decided to fly without the housing, can I do so as if I didn't purchase the housing. Or am I locked into always have to use the housing. Does it attach to the base somehow and allow me to use or not use at my own discretion?

2. Gizmo3000

no, you absolutely do NOT need that battery adapter.
    just attach a male JST to the Aux power lead coming out of the Phantom.

(the power adapter is only good for people who fly f330/450 and similar who might not have an extra power cable normally).

as for mounting the GoPro, not sure if the cage is really all that necessary.
    i don't have one.
    not sure how easy the cage is so install/remove, but I doubt it's interchangeable.

3. careysb

While you're at it add two JST connectors, the extra one might be handy for an FPV transmitter. JST's usually come with a wire lead so it's easy to make a 'Y' connection.

4. xstatic

I have the fatshark attirude and the phantomunt gimbal but it is not smooth, so I am upgradingng to the cm2000. If you see the videos for mine, even the rcdrones that sell them their video demo is jerky. But the cm2000 are in a much better class, all seem so smooth, like they are running on rails in the sky.

5. rampage42

I bought the cage after the fact, had to re attach the sensor and re balance. I like the camera in the cage, fits well.

6. xstatic

Why did you decide to buy the cage?
    Can you use the cage without any major modifications? Can you switch easily back and forth or do you have to rebalance?