Cloverleaf antenna on TX end only?

Reaction score
I bought the 5" DVR monitor/receiver as seen at Dronefly. It uses a single dipole antenna and the cloverleaf type will not fit. I have a cloverleaf which fits my AVL58.

Any thoughts on using a cloverleaf on the TX end only?

I believe that is a -3dB loss over using two cloverleaf antennas. Not the end of the world but 3dB will be a noticeable difference if you plan on covering a lot of ground.

Eos630 said:
I bought the 5" DVR monitor/receiver as seen at Dronefly. It uses a single dipole antenna and the cloverleaf type will not fit. I have a cloverleaf which fits my AVL58.

Any thoughts on using a cloverleaf on the TX end only?

In the 5" monitor from Dronefly, it has a little reddish- white cable that allows you to plug in the RX end of the cloverleaf. If you kept all the accessories, it is in there! Mine gave me about an extra 200 feet!

Oh man, how dumb of me. It was in there. I thought they'd use an adapter, not a cable to do it. But after scouring the internet, I found that nobody makes that adapter (as one piece.) It does look a little goofy with the cable dangling out of it like that, but thank you very much for helping and I look forward to the extra 200'.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20