Closeup photos of the Phantom 4

The plump silhouette is a combination of the body fatten to incorporate the gimbal base & the lack of stripes to break up the lines. She would look much thinner with a splash of color.

-vehFk_pRFsLn195unDOccgQ9_-Mf_SgfFbV3LafLZDDpTa0cyCVsq2igh-KiNbZT_IIRJP9ijboevgtm6D9piimOZ5kbzVwbO2Si3PWWow-DuB7JaKgoGtcAio8JcHm3v41wSXg3FaW9D9zKDtBrF9Xp0uoNtOwRiIxFw9ijHp4mQr2GVjyCGkFzw-MPCI7dwLn3cRUlZ5KJYFjO2VIz1GZbnsbw0sBEswt6wqt-R4Hzh_UGzWBe0N8x9n20qH7ip6UaSomfv-OI72v8ijKWhseoCZRPNQEsYWULY4MdrHU0mLhm8iXtZTdBXnMwow8DaR0s-w1vAaiiHax_2-IvKSaPTgsIMpJX2uLQgz1-D-pEHrd6vEvAShu5TcDCWAjH-V15XN2a6cwxyAE0ngUiBeHNP-khMi4WloqGaRigbfUG1pPzxKS2MfdCs1bzRTs5kGL596iYefmVfrd9oKd3CCjCQZhs-l4nT3X7027N7FAR68EluRGs6wjBwqZ9I24NmeLJXbHgrV6si1-gRm3EugbwSpLnpD2BymEkka8Iu6OScfyMusV0pAeAkN3qlECZdCOpw=w300-h250-no

Looks fat to me! but I like what's inside. Many pilots that have hours under their wings. will feel that the P4 is a waist of time.They will lose out on the edge of technology. I love all my birds and support DJI in there efforts to look like Apple or beat the competition in design. Now for a really great show with Go Pro and the Karma.

The batteries definitely will not fit.
I really like the versatility of my Think Tank Phantom backpack. The divider walls are adjustable for the new battery size. There will be no problem fitting P4 batteries. Since there is no insert, the flexibility and room inside the TT case is maximized. It doesn't hold the craft or batteries as snug as others, but compared to my Microraptor hardcase with insert, I haven't had any problems, and my TT backpack is the primary tote method for my bird.

Last edited:
I really like the versatility of my Think Tank Phantom backpack.
Unfortunately, most hard cases are not versatile. Some manufacturers might sell new foam inserts for those who don't want to pony up for a brand new case. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

Reactions: mcphipps
P3 aftermarket chargers no worky with P4 batteries unfortunately. It's a shame really as all that would need to be changed are the connectors.
Actually it reminds me more of a Kardashian - underlying old tech, aerodynamically suspect design covered by lots of smooth plastic, incompatible with everything else.....

Reactions: skeeter
[QUOTE="Blue Bird, post: 701928, member: 27860] the P4 is a waist of time.[/QUOTE]

Now that's Freudian.

Naw, those loops are to hang the drone from the ceiling among your drone collection as you go through each yearly model release. It allows the craft to be retired to the ceiling, for the memories of where you've been together. Aw...
View attachment 45754
NOPE...those there "handles" are for streamers like we used to put on our handlebar grips......all you old shits know what I'm talking about....LOL

Reactions: kennedye
Unfortunately, most hard cases are not versatile. Some manufacturers might sell new foam inserts for those who don't want to pony up for a brand new case. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with.
You know Mike, That could be a profitable side business. Making new inserts....$$$$

A lot of the companies selling cases are really just doing that now -- since they are all mostly selling the same few cases. The best inserts are water cut. And, I'm assuming that equipment is not cheap.

Yeah, I was thinking getting some foam rubber and a Xacto knife.
I can just see me with my tongue hanging out sawin' away at the foam rubber.
"Thats one done.....How many more do I need Ray?"
LMAO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj