Close encounters of the bird kind!

Reaction score
So, another close call with a bird. I was flying yesterday in a park with the P3S hovering above me about 15-20 feet to shoot some video. Checked the surroundings and could hear some birds chirping away on my left (away from Phantom). Hit record, looked up to see a red tail hawk and others come right above and below it. Pretty scary so I brought it back down to land and check it. I realized then that I had recorded the whole thing. 8 seconds of recording put in slow motion. Downloaded the video and this is what I saw...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's nothing, I had a hawk or something circle me while I was flying above a lake.

Nickster- no offense but that video stinks. I was expecting a lot more. Get back out and try again.

I guess I blinked because I didn't see anything..
Almost every time I fly, birds come out and circle me..
Wednesday I made this video and had 2 near misses with giant Pelicans with wingspans of 6-8 feet.. You can see them at 0:47 and 1:15
The one at 0:47 scared the krap out of me because I thought it was actually going to hit me..

Nickster- no offense but that video stinks. I was expecting a lot more. Get back out and try again.

Well, it looks like it compressed it to non HD. Had it at 2.7K and showed everything. I will try to post directly to Vimeo to see if I can't get it in HD. If I can get it, I will repost it. With the junky version, the hawk is on the right side right at the beginning and the blue jay is in the middle toward the end.

I guess I blinked because I didn't see anything..
Almost every time I fly, birds come out and circle me..
Wednesday I made this video and had 2 near misses with giant Pelicans with wingspans of 6-8 feet.. You can see them at 0:47 and 1:15
The one at 0:47 scared the krap out of me because I thought it was actually going to hit me..

Nice video, it does seem your tempting fate a bit...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl