Close encounter with a glider

Reaction score
Today I was flying over the site where a 100 year old factory was recently torn down. I was recording and watching my iPad when I looked up and saw a plane flying over the same site that I was flying. He was a little higher than me but not by that much. Then I realized there was no engine noise from the plane. First time I've ever seen a glider flying over our city. I quickly reduced altitude. Wish I would have gone a little higher to get a photo or video of that thing.

you did great coming down! consider if they hit you! probably would be charged with murder... i posted similar story here 2 weeks ago when i looked up and saw a HUGE glider going in circles around my p2v3+ @ 250ft! I rotated in circles trying to get pictures but never did either. i too considered going up to get the fantastic shot! he obviously was a lot higher than i thought rising in the cloud thermal over me. very tempting to go up and get pixs, but didnt. someone posted that his height was deceiving, as no glider would be out in the boonies miles from airport at low altitude..... very exciting! but thinking about it afterwards, it scared the crap out of me to think i might have crashed him!

Good thinking guys they are real with people in them, we are hobbies the and only carry a camera. They of course have the right of way in any of the airspace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers