Close Call With Seagull and Drone

Practice my friend, don't give up. You'll get the next one.
Flying rats can be tricky sometimes. They used to terrorize me when I first moved to Florida. Couldn't hear yourself think, all the screeching. Forget about trying to eat anything.smaller than a chihuahua, they take it right out of your hand. Seems every one you take out two replace it. Then six months out of the year people from up North come and feed them. Our work is never done my Brother.

Seagulls nearly took down my drone too, in panic, trying to get it home, it went into a tree. The tree was bent over the water. I had to climb in and carefully remove it. No damage to the drone. But it looks like seagulls dont like drones. After I got it out of the tree I flew it away from where the seagulls were. Lo and behold they some how spotted it and came darting. I had to prenanantly bring the drone down

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Practice my friend, don't give up. You'll get the next one.
Flying rats can be tricky sometimes. They used to terrorize me when I first moved to Florida. Couldn't hear yourself think, all the screeching. Forget about trying to eat anything.smaller than a chihuahua, they take it right out of your hand. Seems every one you take out two replace it. Then six months out of the year people from up North come and feed them. Our work is never done my Brother.
Thanks, bud. To come so close and miss the little bastard was very disheartening.

Seagulls nearly took down my drone too, in panic, trying to get it home, it went into a tree. The tree was bent over the water. I had to climb in and carefully remove it. No damage to the drone. But it looks like seagulls dont like drones. After I got it out of the tree I flew it away from where the seagulls were. Lo and behold they some how spotted it and came darting. I had to prenanantly bring the drone down

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app
They seem to gang up and circle my drone whenever I film in the ocean. Alot of bad vibes from the seagulls!

You really ALL should read Jonathan Livingstone Seagull, it's a very short story but with a BIG meaning, if you want it to be.
Really, it a great short story.:):):)

You really ALL should read Jonathan Livingstone Seagull, it's a very short story but with a BIG meaning, if you want it to be.
Really, it a great short story.:):):)
Yeah I have heard it is pretty good book. But that was not Jonathon and friends some fat white tourist in the next slip was feeding. Skreee Splat ! Splat ! Splat !:(

Those are some tasty waves...I wanna see the rest of the surf footage!
Same here!!
Yeah I have heard it is pretty good book. But that was not Jonathon and friends some fat white tourist in the next slip was feeding. Skreee Splat ! Splat ! Splat !:(
Read the book a few years ago. Wonderful, simple, impacting story. Made a lot more sense then the movie, although I did like the music that Neil Diamond wrote for the movie.

FYI, Ocean Beach is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, and is therefore off-limits to drones :-(
No it isn't. Across the street at the park and up the road past Charthouse is. Perfectly legal to drone film the whole beach. Look at the screen shot. Green is bad(national park) yellow is good. Sorry you're wrong
449fc2c33a551e91a69ed0ff6c9d5958.jpg

Reactions: Roamer105
I wish you were correct. However, the NPS's own web site for the Golden Gate National Recreation Area has its own page for Ocean Beach: https://www.nps.gov/goga/planyourvisit/oceanbeach.htm
indicating that it's part of the GGNRA.

Also, the GGNRA map - downloadable from Maps - Golden Gate National Recreation Area (U.S. National Park Service) - clearly shows Ocean Beach as being part of the GGNRA, as does the "airmap.io" online map: AirMap.io (which should be every drone flyer's 'first stop' when looking up places to fly in the US).

Also, if you Google "drones ocean beach san francisco", you'll see some horror stories of people who have gotten citations (and their memory cards confiscated!) for flying drones there. This sucks, IMHO, but please don't shoot the messenger :) :-(

Also, if you Google "drones ocean beach san francisco", you'll see some horror stories of people who have gotten citations (and their memory cards confiscated!) for flying drones there. This sucks, IMHO, but please don't shoot the messenger :) :-(
Yea but the problem is there seems too be a lot of messengers.ya kind of get sick and tired of hearing from them.

Reactions: Michael Thompson
Very nice scenery. It's too bad that the water is so cold there! I'm a beach bum at heart. I love the warm waters in the Gulf of Mexico. I learned a long time ago that birds always drop when they are startled. I always enter a climbing turn in the Cessna if there is a bird encounter.

I use B4UFly, from the FAA. That's the site I use. "(which should be every drone flyer's 'first stop' when looking up places to fly in the US)." Never heard of the one you're talking about. This I'm sure comes as a total surprise but I have my Part 107. Thank you for being so concerned about what I do and for being such an expert and authority. I'm in awe.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4