Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Climbers on the "Praying Monk" Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by CactusJackSlade, Jan 30, 2016.

1. CactusJackSlade

My brother and buddy climbing the Praying Monk in Phx, AZ... I would have gotten closer but the wind was about 10mph and gusty..

PinnacleRun and eaglegoaltender like this.
  2. snerd

That kind of climbing is insane! I couldn't even watch it after I realized how they were going to do it lol!!

3. CactusJackSlade

... and if you can imagine, that climb is actually one of the easier ones.... like a 5.6 rating. (upper beginner). I climbed it when I was about 16 yeas old. I would be scared to do it now!

4. Chris Vedeler

Very cool! I'm always afraid to fly around Camelback mountain because I have heard you can get into trouble.

5. CactusJackSlade

You never know at any place now-a-days I suppose..... I always keep it very low key and I was away from all the hikers. Just took off, did my thing and returned, not a lot of sight seeing. I did look on the parks website before hand and did not see anything mentioning it.

6. daveleeds

A good keep-sake for your brother and friend. Great vid. Lol, I'm not too good with heights these days but when I was 18-19 I did 2 seasons painting electricity pylons, that was way back and safety features were a hindrance.