Cliff flying video, heart in mouth.

Reaction score
Here is a cliff flying video I did today, total heart in mouth kinda stuff, thought it was going to fly away, thankfully it didn't,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Slimwest1
Nice location!! But the thing that really took my breath away: watching the kids running around on top of that cliff!! :D:)

Reactions: peterepeat69
Haha, yeh they are my kids, was a little worried tried to keep them near the fence, yes cliff flying is great fun but kind of frightening at the same time.

Reactions: Tommy1980
Check out Pearce Pass, it's a nice walk in and the cliffs are awesome, even a waterfall. I'm sure you didn't have the location posted before I asked if it was in AU?

Check out Pearce Pass, it's a nice walk in and the cliffs are awesome, even a waterfall. I'm sure you didn't have the location posted before I asked if it was in AU?

Yes it's actually Wynnes Rock look out my mistakes in NSW Australia.
Yes will have to check that out. Thanks

Yes it's actually Wynnes Rock look out my mistakes in NSW Australia.
Yes will have to check that out. Thanks

Pierces Pass....,

Don't fly in too close to the Rydges. Up draft can take you by surprise, even when it seems calm. You can fly for two or three K's easy though up the gully.

Pierces Pass....,

Don't fly in too close to the Rydges. Up draft can take you by surprise, even when it seems calm. You can fly for two or three K's easy though up the gully.

Still don't have the balls yet for distance flying, yet, working up the confidence, but it's sounds awesome, I'm sure I'll give it a go down the track, so many wonderful places to film in NSW, that's for sure.

Looks very scary. Are fencing all around? Normally cliffs have unpredictably high upward winds, didn't you notice that?

Looks very scary. Are fencing all around? Normally cliffs have unpredictably high upward winds, didn't you notice that?

Was very lucky with wind today actually, seemed very still on other days I've had to go home because of updraft, yes there is fencing but only half way around the cliff, kept the kids around the fenced section, yep very scary stuff, but glad I got over it, kind of like a leap of faith sending it off lol

Same video uploaded at 160 mb vs 40 mb the difference is amazing
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: DirtyHarry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic