Clever App VERY HANDY

Reaction score
Very handy to see attitudes of the terrain around you upto 5km away. Handy for settings in app before you fly.

417a3b7974b041be6fa5ea05864c7fb0.jpg

£1.49 well spent.

00712aef1d784bf0ea1c615e68861ef3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Very cool, could be very useful. Will have to check it out

Just tried the app.... Gave me my area at 49 Ft. Doesn't t take into account any of natures objects like trees. I have to fly at 150 ft due to 135 ft tall trees. Would have been a nice app if it took into account the actual terrain and not just ground level. Appreciate it thought! Lots of woods and bridges around here due to my land , rivers and the ocean.

Review:
"I can check the surrounding land altitude quickly so when I program my tower flight I can be sure to stay high above trees and objects. It does not show height of objects."

Uses to stay above trees and objects... but this app does not show the height of these object. Some people should be banned from leaving reviews.

Doesn't t take into account any of natures objects like trees. I have to fly at 150 ft due to 135 ft tall trees. Would have been a nice app if it took into account the actual terrain and not just ground level. .
Ground level is all you'll ever find on any map.
Just like pilots of real planes you have to think for yourself a little at times but it's not too hard.

Ground level is all you'll ever find on any map.
Just like pilots of real planes you have to think for yourself a little at times but it's not too hard.

"Just like pilots of real planes you have to think for yourself a little at times but it's not too hard."

What a novel concept...

Doesn't t take into account any of natures objects like trees. I have to fly at 150 ft due to 135 ft tall trees. Would have been a nice app if it took into account the actual terrain and not just ground level.

As someone in the GIS/Terrain mapping industry, you'll almost never find the data that accounts for trees. Mapping is 90% of the time recording the ground level only. With occasional special-needs exceptions, but those data sets rarely make it into the public sources most use for these apps (Digital Globe, etc).

Pretty slick app though, I'll check it out :)

I just downloaded this app. In the process I also found an IOS app called Timber Tree Height Estimator that cost me a buck. I'll be curious to play with both.

S

Did anybody find this for Android? I did a quick look and didn't see it. Sounds like it would be very useful!

Just got the free version. It's pretty cool. The free version does an 800M radius.
@shorttimer that's a good one [emoji1]

Looks like not for iPad.
It works on an iPad, too. Just about any iOS app for the iPhone is available for use on an iPad. Just select "iPhone Only" instead of "iPad Only" in the upper left drop down box, at the top of the App Store search screen. Then install it, and select the 2x mode, if it only fills part of the iPad screen.

It works on an iPad, too. Just about any iOS app for the iPhone is available for use on an iPad. Just select "iPhone Only" instead of "iPad Only" in the upper left drop down box, at the top of the App Store search screen. Then install it, and select the 2x mode, if it only fills part of the iPad screen.
not for ipad, only iphone.

Great info. will add it to my other go to apps. UAV forecast, Hover, S.A.M., K-index, Wi-Fi analyzer & stud detector.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers