Cleaning the Phantom after a day out at the sea side

Reaction score
Hi guys

I want to clean my Phantom 3 after I have used it out at sea. Can someone give me any advice with regards to giving the electronics a clean so as to get rid of any salt residue. I havnt done anything yet and I don't feel a residue on it but would prefer to clean it before it starts rusting etc. I bought a alcohol spray that is used to clean RC buggy's and was told its great to spay on electronics. Just checking in before I accidently do something stuuupid.... lol :)

Hi guys

I want to clean my Phantom 3 after I have used it out at sea. Can someone give me any advice with regards to giving the electronics a clean so as to get rid of any salt residue. I havnt done anything yet and I don't feel a residue on it but would prefer to clean it before it starts rusting etc. I bought a alcohol spray that is used to clean RC buggy's and was told its great to spay on electronics. Just checking in before I accidently do something stuuupid.... lol :)

That and air in a can from stapes or such. is what i use haven't had a problem. always w/o battery of course.

Be very careful with the spray. Make sure it is safe on plastics.
Depends which one it is but it is still as solvent.
I used one on a computer mouse and the plastic was badly effected!!!

A side question to this- what other maintenance do we need to do in general for the P3.
Do the motors ever need oil? Or any kind of lubricant? If so, what and where to apply?
Or is keeping it clean, blowing out dust & grit every so often & checking screws all it ever needs?
This is my first quadcopter so I've idea what I should be doing as normal maintenance.

I'll tell you what works really well for just normal smudges from handling it. Those Mr. Clean majic erasures. Slightly damp.... Amazing!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl