Cleaning The Dust

Reaction score
Hey all

Sometimes we take off from a dusty place and i believe some dusts ends up inside our drones.

Is there a way of cleaning it out, with out opening the bird up?
If i point a hair dryer to the vents, will it do the job? That's how i used to clean my pc back in the days.

Any other ways?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you get one of the "squeeze bulb" air blowers, you never have to worry about being out of compressed air. I have a Giottos Rocket Air Blaster (large model) and it works great. I bought it for my camera, but it should work just fine on your drone.
i-sX78DD5-S.png

If a compressed air can has warnings about "flamable" or "explosive" content, you should definitely skip it. I got one like this some time ago, and it left permanent marks on my laptop - started to dissolve plastic.

I got sand in my motors once from the beach, when I was hand turning the props you could feel and hear the grits of sand. I tried everything to remove the sand without using air. The fear is that the compressed air will push the sand/dust or dirt deeper into the components thus causing damage.
In my situation I had no choice, I blew out the sand and thankfully cleaned it right up.

I've opened up my drone and yes, there is a very thin layer of dust on the entire motherboard. Don't think it affects the overall operations though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20