Cleaning out gutters with a quad

Reaction score
Hi All,

I found another use for quads; Cleaning the second story gutters on our home. I was surprised on how good a job it did.
It took a little experimenting to get the right position to maximize blowing the leaves and debris out of the gutters.

For our home, it worked best when hovering about at about one foot above the gutter and about one foot in from the gutter. That allows the prop wash to strike the roof first; it seems to direct the airflow so that a vortex was created that lifts and then blows all the debris out. I doubt this would work very well if the leaves are wet and sticking to the gutters.

Not for the faint of heart however. The video was taken with a fairly brisk breeze blowing. Be prepared for some occasional buffeting if you get too low to the roof.

I made a second pass to clear out the few leaves that remained at the down spout end of the gutter, what worked best was being about one foot from the end of the gutter at about the same one foot height.

Sure was easier than adding extensions to my backpack leaf blower or climbing ladders.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanjo Grale
What's next painting the house! :lol: Now that will take some skill. :)

That's a great idea, just don't let your neighbor buy you a beer for cleaning his gutters.
You will be a "Commercial Operator". :lol:

I thought you were going to use your Phantom for videoing your gutters, to see if they needed cleaning. You have gone one step forward! Plus, the leaves get chipped and shredded! Great use of a Phantom! :)

Looks like a couple of your hangers are crooked .
Nice job :D
I tried with my P1 last year but they where to packed and wet .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4