Cleaning/Maitenance

Reaction score
What does everyone use for cleaning their P3A and props? Also what other kind of maitenance should I be performing?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Every so often I wipe my Phantoms, props, & especially the controllers with a microfiber cloth dampened with Formula 409. You can substitute any similar cleaner that is plastic safe. Being white all of these items become dirty from airborne dust & handling. The occasional cleaning keeps them tidy & looking sharp.

What does everyone use for cleaning their P3A and props? Also what other kind of maitenance should I be performing?

Every so often I wipe my Phantoms, props, & especially the controllers with a microfiber cloth dampened with Formula 409. You can substitute any similar cleaner that is plastic safe. Being white all of these items become dirty from airborne dust & handling. The occasional cleaning keeps them tidy & looking sharp.

What about carbon fiber props?

Oh, I had never cleaned them, they still look good. I will use 409 today :) thanks for reminding.

The magic erasers work the best for me, as it doesn't get that dirty anyway, you don't even have to wet them, also cleans the props of bug guts, although if not careful The props will cut them

Formula 409 is unknown outside USA, I think a comparable UK/EU product is CIF or Cilit Bang or whatever it's called this week. Any spray designed for cleaning greasy surface in the kitchen is probably suitable.
I have never cleaned mine, I kind of like the well used grungey look :cool:
I do think after a few months it doesn't really get any worse.

GOPR9990.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav