Classic newbie error, dead motor :(

Reaction score
I whilst switching out the prop guards I accidentally picked up one of the longer screws (only one) and turned it into the motor now it stutters.

Is it a right off now presumably ?

lukeglazebrook said:
I whilst switching out the prop guards I accidentally picked up one of the longer screws (only one) and turned it into the motor now it stutters.

Is it a right off now presumably ?

Yep that motor is probably bolloxed and needs swapping but the good thing is they are not too expensive :)

Does the screw tend to damage the magnet or the windings? If the magnet them maybe I can simply replace the can without getting my soldering iron out

lukeglazebrook said:
Is it a pain in the arse job? I won't be flying tomorrow now it would seem :(

A new DJI motor is about $28.00US
You need to lay it on its back & remove the 3 hex bolts on each arm with a 2mm Allen key, then the single Phillips screw at the very tip of each arm. 16 screws altogether.
Do not undo the 4 that hold the motors on by mistake. Flip it back over & remove the top but be careful when you take the top cover off as the GPS cable is attched underneath, reach in & disconnect it. Then turn it on its back again.
You'll have to unsolder the red/yellow/black wires of the dud motor, making a note of where each color wire goes. Turn it over once again then remove the 4 screws holding the dud motor in. Replace it with the new motor making sure it is the correct one. They are marked as CW & CCW indicating the direction of rotation because 2 have L/H threads & 2 have R/H threads.

Should only take 15mins. Just be careful not to have the soldering iron too hot or you may damage the circuit board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20