Class e

Reaction score
I just received my part 107 but still a little unclear on class eairspace I know inside the magenta circle it is surface to 700 feet but is it agl or msl I have a very small class e airport where I live so just was wondering because I live in a mountainous area so agl or msl will be important

I just received my part 107 but still a little unclear on class eairspace I know inside the magenta circle it is surface to 700 feet but is it agl or msl I have a very small class e airport where I live so just was wondering because I live in a mountainous area so agl or msl will be important
No, inside the vignetted magenta circle, Class E starts at 700 Ft AGL and goes up. Under that it is Class G. A dotted magenta border indicates Class E (sfc) that starts at the surface and goes up to the overlaying class E (in this case, 700 ft AGL). See the attached sectional portion
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 5.58.28 PM.png

Reactions: tjshelton
No, inside the vignetted magenta circle, Class E starts at 700 Ft AGL and goes up. Under that it is Class G. A dotted magenta border indicates Class E (sfc) that starts at the surface and goes up to the overlaying class E (in this case, 700 ft AGL). See the attached sectional portionView attachment 77668
Thanks for the concise and clear answer. I've been studying for my part 107, but having problems with understanding the sectional charts. Class B, C, and D are easy, but class E has always confused me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj