Class B invalid message on Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
I see that others have complained about this as well. I updated my firmware yesterday to the latest and the issue still occurs.

It appears the DJI app cannot tell the difference between Class B airspace and heliport's. I constantly get a popup on my screen telling me I'm near/in class B airspace when I fly in heliport range. This is annoying and can be confusing.

The sectionals don't have Class B, and the B4UFly app doesn't either so I have no idea where DJI4GO is coming up with this.

So I don't think it's actually an error. I think it's picking up the outer ring of an airport that's about 20 miles away. Its interesting because the B4UFLY app doesn't have any reference to this, but if you look at the sectional I'm in a ring marked with 100/15, which means if I go above 150 ft I'll be in Class B. I was assuming it was the heliport it was complaining about until I took another look at the sectional. Generally I don't fly that high for real estate, but this is a huge property and wanted to get a good view.

The DC area is insane with all the regulations, airports, heliports and military bases. SFRA, FRZ, etc...... Good Grief, all I want to do is run my business... LOL The FAA needs to come up with a better plan than this waith 90 day waiver nonsense stuff. This will likely put most companies in this area out of business before they even start.

Its interesting because the B4UFLY app doesn't have any reference to this, but if you look at the sectional I'm in a ring marked with 100/15, which means if I go above 150 ft I'll be in Class B.
Those markings on the sectional are in hundreds of feet, so 100/15 means 10,000'/1,500'.

I've just given up and disabled the DJI GO Geo Warnings and use B4UFLY and Airmap for flight planning. The DJI Geo warnings might be useful if they ever manage to get the system to work reliably, but that's just not the case yet.

Last edited:
Oh shoot, that's right! I don't know what the heck I was thinking. Thanks for the reminder. LOL

Disabling it is probably a good idea because it's very annoying. I just went back out and tested again, and discovered its totally random when they alert. I'm going to disable mine as well. Which option is it under?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31