Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against DJI Over Firmware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear. Maybe they will now start checking each update before they release it. They could learn a lot from litchi

Reactions: Gulfstream
Good luck with that....they have enough money to burn down your hometown!

Why would even you say something like this? And... they are NOT the first offshore company to be sued in a Class Action. They do business in the U.S., they CAN be held accountable.

Reactions: Matchlock
The sad part is usually class action lawsuits like this make a lot of money for the law firms fighting the case and very little compensation for the many class plaintiffs the lawsuit is supposed to be all about.

They sell items in the US and have at least one office here (in CA). I know first hand that they can be sued in the US.

Also, talking about a lawsuit can (apparently) get a person banned from the forum.

Not literally though but if the conversation takes a bad turn it could result in some disciplinary action by Staff.

When each of us joined PhantomPilots we agreed to the forum's Community Guidelines. Specifically this one comes to play here:

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Not literally though but if the conversation takes a bad turn it could result in some disciplinary action by Staff.

When each of us joined PhantomPilots we agreed to the forum's Community Guidelines. Specifically this one comes to play here:

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Honestly, I never read that clause. But does simply posting a link to an article that is relevant to many of us here, constitute being banned?

Reactions: The Ghost
Honestly, I never read that clause. But does simply posting a link to an article that is relevant to many of us here, constitute being banned?

Easy there.. :) I didn't say that.

I'm just pointing out how and why this thread could spiral down hill.

Easy there.. :) I didn't say that.

I'm just pointing out how and why this thread could spiral down hill.

Okay... thank you. :)

Reactions: Shoemaker

If this were true, 90% of the people here would be banned when talking about DJI. Honestly, this is probably the worse "rule" I've seen on a forum. When people have an issue with DJI they cannot post their frustrations here? Seriously?

Reactions: gunner370 and AyeYo
Yes they have issues sometimes with firmware updates and mine included. But they have fixed mine free of charge both times and this last time mine was out of warranty and they still fixed it free of charge so I have no complaints with Dji at all[emoji106][emoji16]

It just makes me wonder tho.... I mean... This is a massive and popular site used through out the world... You would have thought their would be at least 5 DJI staff permanently on this site to study about the problems happening. I know I would if I owned DJI

Class action lawsuits are terrific for the lawyers.

I don't see what we'd get out of this because I don't see them increasing their QA budget to test their firmware in this fast moving business.

Maybe they are[emoji848]...they did fix my drone after 1.10.9 caused a esc error, even after warranty expired. No questions asked...

Why does DJI support have to be so inconsistent?
Overall they did me justice on my repair after a crash. Gimbal broken into 3 pieces, stress cracks in the screw holes in the arms, seams around the shell buckle out.
Quoted part replacement/repair of the gimbal but I know they replaced the entire gimbal since the camera body had been badly scratched but I got it back all new.
Only original items on the AC were the main board/motors, maybe LED boards.
Cost me $178
Only minor complaints:
Sent the damaged props expecting replacements even if I paid for them, only got my damaged ones back. Sent camera cover/gimbal lock to protect the lens during shipping, didn't get it back. Tried calling/chatting DJI to include prop replacement, even commented next day on forum, got no response until I had given up after 2 days and paid the invoice. It was after that I got an email they would send props.
When I emphasized on the forum that they need to fix or repeal Go 3.1.2 after several weeks of it being known of the serious home point bug, they emailed me to test their beta update.

If this were true, 90% of the people here would be banned when talking about DJI. Honestly, this is probably the worse "rule" I've seen on a forum. When people have an issue with DJI they cannot post their frustrations here? Seriously?
Take this up with the forum Admin/Owners. Their site their rules.

Of course it's not strictly enforced or the majority of us would be banned on our first couple of posts. But when things get out of hand we do have the rules in place. Again if anyone has a problem with this (or any other rule on the forum) the Admin make themselves available to anyone who needs them

Reactions: Bazza and Droneted
It just makes me wonder tho.... I mean... This is a massive and popular site used through out the world... You would have thought their would be at least 5 DJI staff permanently on this site to study about the problems happening. I know I would if I owned DJI

There are a few on RC groups. In fact, they are supposed to have a thread dedicated to just DJI where a few engineers could answer questions directly. I haven't seen the thread yet, but I don't frequent that site too often. That site is the most unorganized and under moderated I've seen. I wish they could get something going like that on a site like this that is organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic