Clarification of ambiguities in the manual v 1.04

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 and would like to ask 2 questions regarding the hand controller and the system behavior.

1. As I understand it, when the paddles are moved to the lower corner position simultaneously together and in combination, this commands the motors on the Phantom 2 to start. To turn the motors off, you would have to do the same thing, i.e. both paddles must come to the lower corners. See Phantom 2 Quick Start Guide, Instruction 7.
Also in 6.2 of the User Manual v 1.04, “CSC” is described as bringing both paddles to the corners as shown, not just one paddle.
In the case of my unit, the motors stop when just the Left Paddle is brought down to either corner. Tech support at hobby shop insists that it’s normal, and I am told that is the way all RC units work! But this is not what Combination Stick Command (CSC) means, to me it means the combined action of both paddles.
The question: Is there a discrepancy here, and if so should the Quick Start Guide and the manual be clarified, or do I have a problem with the hand controller?

2. I have updated my hand controller and the Phantom 2 to the latest firmware. I have followed the instructions in Phantom 2 User Manual v 1.04 section 3. The Power Indicator LED in section 3.1 of the manual is shown as RED my Remote Control unit shows solid Yellow after update. What should be the color of the Power Indicator LED yellow, or red? And why did it change from red to yellow on mine?

I would appreciate your help. I don’t feel comfortable flying something with the ambiguities of the indicators and the controls as they differ from the manual and the quick guide.

I have also contacted DJI support, but have not heard back.

From the top of page 20 in that manual:
"7. After landing the aircraft on the ground, keep the throttle stick at its lowest position for about 3 to 5
seconds which will automatically stop the motors."

The motors can be stopped by CSC (anytime) or by holding the throttle below 10% for a couple of seconds after landing as described above.

Thanks OI Photography,
Very interesting! Thanks for the clarification. I will try to make sure that I do not perform either operation in flight.
It would be a good idea to have a feature where the "stop motor" is user selectable.
Any thoughts on my other question?
Regards

The CSC maneuver is a very specific thing to do. I have never had a situation where I even came CLOSE to doing a CSC. Don't worry.

As far as turning off when landing, just hold the left stick down until the props stop. Very easy.

Many thanks FSJ Guy and OI Photography for your clarification to question 1.
Any thoughts on the second question?
My Power Indicator LED is Yellow or maybe bright Orange. The manual shows RED. Prior to the Firmware Update it was RED.
2. I have updated my hand controller and the Phantom 2 to the latest firmware. I have followed the instructions in Phantom 2 User Manual v 1.04 section 3. The Power Indicator LED in section 3.1 of the manual is shown as RED my Remote Control unit shows solid Yellow after update. What should be the color of the Power Indicator LED yellow, or red? And why did it change from red to yellow on mine?
What color is the LED do you have on your hand controller?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20